Default For Voice Commands

Jake Benson

Reaction score
Just wondering if its possible to use another voice search instead of S Voice as the default for voice commands. Specifically, when I access my blue tooth and say, "Call so and so," S Voice is what activates to make the call. It is hit and miss with S Voice, mostly miss. Sometimes it gets the name right, other times no. And what's weird, names that have been correctly called since I got the phone now have S Voice saying it doesn't recognize the name. Plus, S Voice will not stay voice enabled, it will revert to just text so that I have to pull my phone out to see if its dialing the right person, or any person at all.

So, is there another option for using voice commands to make calls other than S Voice? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks for any help out there.

Nursecindi

Reaction score
S Voice Alternative

I know of a Voice Dialer App that worked great when I had my Droid X but I have recently switched to Galaxy 3 and haven't tried the app yet. Give it a try, it's free in the play store, it's just called Voice Dialer. I found it was just what I needed. Hope this helps. NurseCindi

BuccoDroid

Reaction score
Does Voice Dialer work with bluetooth headset thus making it hands free?

jwilly216

Reaction score
Why don't you just use Google now? It's awesome and works very well.. you hold down the home button till u can click the Google button at the bottom then click the microphone or say Google out loud

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If you install another voice command app, next time you go to use voice command, it will ask you which one you want to use and give you the option to save it as default.

Nursecindi

Reaction score
It did when I used it but the only blue tooth I used at the time was the Motorola car blue tooth where it could also go through your car speakers. I never used it with a regular headset Bluetooth but I imagine it should work the same. I had a droid x and it worked great.