[RUMOR] Sprints SGSII coming Sept. 9

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
epic-touch-4g-550x326.jpg

An unsubstantiated report coming out of SprintFeed claims that Sprint could be among the first of the US carriers to launch the SGSII. Under the name Epic Touch 4G, we could be seeing the followup to last year’s Epic 4G as early as September 9th. The timing matches up with previous whispers about the launch of the Galaxy S II in the States, but the date remains a rumor for now. All will be revealed (we hope) come August 29th at Samsung’s launch event for its new North American lineup.

SOURCE: [Rumor] Samsung Epic Touch 4G Releasing September 9th » Sprintfeed

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Sgs2 for verizon is rumored to launch sept. 8. Lol

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Reaction score
I really hope vzw launches within thesame time frame as the bionic... Help show moto the more the dick around, the faster someones gonna come along and steal a decent portion of their sales. I understand their hesitation towards launching an unfinished product because of the etna, but lets face it, the bionic WILL NOT be a flawless handset. All manufacturers, both hardware and software pump out unfinished products and patch them later with updates. All manufacturers save from that company whose name I wont name.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
So does this mean Sprint will get the GS2 before Verizon?

Well the supposed leak I posted a while back pointed to a Sept. 8 release for Verizon. But then again, these are all rumors as of right now.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Well the supposed leak I posted a while back pointed to a Sept. 8 release for Verizon. But then again, these are all rumors as of right now.

There is no mention of the GS2 in the Best Buy Magazine. I would think if it was coming out Sept. 8th it would be in the magazine also...

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Since the Sprint version is going to have WiMax, is it possible Verizon's will have LTE? Seems like it's the only way for them to compete. Blazing fast phone on a blazing fast network = a big fire?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Since the Sprint version is going to have WiMax, is it possible Verizon's will have LTE? Seems like it's the only way for them to compete. Blazing fast phone on a blazing fast network = a big fire?

Wimax Radio is Smaller then LTE radio. Now think that there is a chance of the Verizon version getting an LTE radio but if it does just be prepared to wait until sometime in 4thQ for it to be released. From what my contacts are telling me is that an early test version was 3G and not LTE. So I am interested in what will be said at this Samsung news conference to see what they say!! Because my question will be why is Sprint getting a 4G version and Verizon is not if they are suppose to be the same phone across the board.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Because my question will be why is Sprint getting a 4G version and Verizon is not if they are suppose to be the same phone across the board.
Exactly. But I still think that most people will ask themselves "Do I want slow Verizon 3G or faster Sprint 4G? It's the same phone on both carriers, just one is lacking 4G." I want a 4G phone to be my next, so it is a deciding factor for me.