[Rumor] Samsung Will Announce Next-Gen Android Tablet at MWC in February

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Exynos.jpg

There is a rumor floating around that Samsung may be debuting a new next-gen tablet at Mobile World Congress in February. Samsung has made it clear that they will not be showing off the SGS3 at MWC yet, but they promised "interesting stuff". This new "stuff" could be a tablet with a dual-core 2GHz Exynos 5250 processor, a larger than 10-inch display with WXQGA (2560 x 1600 pixels) resolution and Ice Cream Sandwich.

The rumor was spawned because supposedly, someone spotted a prototype of the tablet at CES. Supposedly, this new Exynos 5250 "chip should produce twice the computing power, increased memory bandwidth, and five times the graphics horsepower as the current generation of CPUs, as well as all-day battery life". If this is not vaporware, and if Sammy can sell it at a competitive price point, then then we could be in for a treat next month.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via BGR
Image Source: FoneHome.co.uk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Looking forward to MWC for sure. DancingNexus

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I guess I'm the pessimist here (forgive me!). "...if Sammy can sell it at a competitive price point..." Based on the Galaxy Tab, I'd have to predict competitive means "one of the top two most-expensive tablets!" :blink:

I still think it's cool news, and I'd love to see how the vapor-tablet fares against the Asus Prime!

-Matt

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kinda disappointed that the next Exynos won't be quad-core...

Yeah. I was rather surprised by this as well. It seems that Samsung is a bit behind their competitors on this one.