[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy SIII Rumored for April; Quad-Core, ICS & 12MP Camera

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why do people fall for the gimmick of more mega pixels? It has nothing to do with the quality of the picture unless you are blowing the picture way up. Im not a camera expert but even i know that the quality will not be effected by more mega pixels. If they really want to improve the camera start by improving the lens. The lens makes a huge difference. When making your choice on phone mega pixels on the camera should not even be a consideration unless it has under 4.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using DroidForums

like the htc cameras are usually great partly because of the wide lens and dual led flash they use

jdroid80

Reaction score
Why do people fall for the gimmick of more mega pixels? It has nothing to do with the quality of the picture unless you are blowing the picture way up. Im not a camera expert but even i know that the quality will not be effected by more mega pixels. If they really want to improve the camera start by improving the lens. The lens makes a huge difference. When making your choice on phone mega pixels on the camera should not even be a consideration unless it has under 4.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using DroidForums

Good point. More mega pixels just means more noise and slower response times if the sensor and lens aren't great.

Plenty of 5MP and 8MP cameras look great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

shalou

Reaction score
That's awesome! I was thinking the same thing. At this point i don't think its a matter of improving the processor speed, i think its more about making a battery that would keep up.

shalou

Reaction score
About the price, that's a good point because they want to sell as many of the same phone as possible. With that in mind, what if they started selling phones with option and the ability to add more option later (like a car or pc). You could buy the base model for 300 or you could get the tricked out one for 500. Man they should pay for these ideas. Lol.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's awesome! I was thinking the same thing. At this point i don't think its a matter of improving the processor speed, i think its more about making a battery that would keep up.

Just wait until someone has the epiphany that "you know, this phone is really darn thin....why don't we make it a bit thicker and put a huge honking battery in it?"

Mind=blownt

ahmadmursal

Reaction score
Verizon! Please come to Verizon! Please come to Verizon! I just wish they would perfect the 8MP before adding more pixels.