[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy SIII Rumored for April; Quad-Core, ICS & 12MP Camera

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would disagree both technologies have been out for some time and samsung can make their own processors i need be to keep costs down a 299 price point is still highly unlikely do to the carriers I'm think some where in the mid to high 3s

A few months has never seen more than pretty marginal upgrades. My guess is this will have basically the same specs as the Nexus, processor and camera (well, maybe 8mp) bumped obviously, and probably no NFC or possibly the barometer. It might get a Super Amoled+ screen. Price will be $299 on contract.

pabowhunter

Reaction score
I want my next phone to make breakfast for me in the morning... hmmmm virtual breakfast wonder if it will taste like Chicken... It's the Matrix

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
A few months has never seen more than pretty marginal upgrades. My guess is this will have basically the same specs as the Nexus, processor and camera (well, maybe 8mp) bumped obviously, and probably no NFC or possibly the barometer. It might get a Super Amoled+ screen. Price will be $299 on contract.

I seriously doubt that. Galaxy S was single core, Galaxy SII was dual, and Galaxy SIII will almost certainly be quad core. While the Nexus specs are good, this is the year of quad core phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
hardware moving ahead of software, imo. Dualcore is still fairly new and they talking quadcores in a matter of 3 months now? I bet we'll still see new devices with GB on it. Mobile world is moving too fast for its own good imo.

dual core has been out since may 19 in the droid x2...besides, they always have computer/laptop and even tablet processors already 4+ cores to go off of to help

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I seriously doubt that. Galaxy S was single core, Galaxy SII was dual, and Galaxy SIII will almost certainly be quad core. While the Nexus specs are good, this is the year of quad core phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Starting in 2013 we'll have 5,000 core devices with 1 Terabyte internal storage, hologram projector, and a real, projected virtual keyboard. And a built-in lightsaber.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Starting in 2013 we'll have 5,000 core devices with 1 Terabyte internal storage, hologram projector, and a real, projected virtual keyboard. And a built-in lightsaber.

naw, i agree on the 5000 cores and 1 terabyte storage, hologram projection but there will be no keyboards...all you'll have to do is think of what you want to type, and there will be no type of touch screen, it'll be a think screen. All you have to do is think something like "i want to update my apps" and it'll open the market and auto update, or you could even think something like "i have no idea how to get <insert place>" and it'll turn on gps, open maps and navigate for you :happy3:

heretic1

Reaction score
lol isnt that one of Apple fanboys arugments. iphone has better resolution lol... Iv looked at all that stuff. I personally dont see any difference. Some phones have better color, and depth. Im with you I thin its just a nubmer they throw at everyone to make it sound all fancy to try to sell it.

While you are correct that having 1080p on a phone will give bragging rights, the big problem is that to have that resolution on a tiny little screen would make text unreadable. Plus, at the smaller sizes it is nearly impossible to tell a difference between the two resolutions (except for the fact that everything is smaller). Unless you move to like a 32 inch device, (wouldn't that be a huge phone?) 720p HD is likely going to be the pinnacle of smartphone display. Now, from what I understand the Retina tech actually puts more pixels in a smaller area allowing a higher density, which gives you the illusion of higher resolution without having the smaller text. Perhaps, this technology can be improved in the future as well.

I humbly request any of our super-tech-gurus out there correct me if I am wrong on this one. I could have some of my facts skewed. Share some of the details... I am curious to know even more about this. Regardless, it looks like the SGS3 could be one of the big phones of this year...

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol isnt that one of Apple fanboys arugments. iphone has better resolution lol... Iv looked at all that stuff. I personally dont see any difference. Some phones have better color, and depth. Im with you I thin its just a nubmer they throw at everyone to make it sound all fancy to try to sell it.

not really, i hate apple and iphone but until the hd phones came out the iphone had the better screen...its the retina screen which is used on many laptops already, it is technically resolution, its all about the clarity...grab an iphone find text somewhere you can zoom in at and zoom in and see how clear and defined the text is, then compare it to an older android phone and see
thats how its supposed to work anyway, ive never actually tried it due to my non consideration of ever getting an iphone...

B-Unit

Reaction score
Please. This phone won't be on VZW (if it even comes to VZW) before next winter. How long was the SGSII out in the wild before it came to the U.S.?

Anyone getting anxious for this is in for a looooooooooooong year.

VZW isn't the only carrier in the U.S. In fact, depending how the device lineup looks on VZW this spring I may well jump ship to Sprint. Hopefully Moto will give up locked bootloaders so I dont have to do that...

loki993

Reaction score
Whats wrong with the GNex Hardware vs the SGS2?

GSII has better processor, better GPU, maybe a better camera, I think the newer LTE version actually has the same screen as the Gnex. Once the GSII gets ICS it will be better then the Gnex in just about every way. Some flagship device huh?

gthotie5

Reaction score
Lol true but, on that note the RAZR can't compete with the new SII either.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
VZW isn't the only carrier in the U.S. In fact, depending how the device lineup looks on VZW this spring I may well jump ship to Sprint. Hopefully Moto will give up locked bootloaders so I dont have to do that...

That's why I asked how long it was in the wild before coming to the U.S., not just VZW specifically.
It was released in May and didn't show up AT ALL in the U.S. until September/October.

Looooooooong wait.

loki993

Reaction score
Lol true but, on that note the RAZR can't compete with the new SII either.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

Right but it was never really meant to. It was the flagship Moto device and it is that, basically. The GN is supposedly Samsungs flagship device, the ICS launch platform, and its got hardware that cant compete with a phone that's nearly a year old. I was just very dissapointed with what the GN was when they announced it.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
naw, i agree on the 5000 cores and 1 terabyte storage, hologram projection but there will be no keyboards...all you'll have to do is think of what you want to type, and there will be no type of touch screen, it'll be a think screen. All you have to do is think something like "i want to update my apps" and it'll open the market and auto update, or you could even think something like "i have no idea how to get <insert place>" and it'll turn on gps, open maps and navigate for you :happy3:

This made me lol. :)

shalou

Reaction score
Why do people fall for the gimmick of more mega pixels? It has nothing to do with the quality of the picture unless you are blowing the picture way up. Im not a camera expert but even i know that the quality will not be effected by more mega pixels. If they really want to improve the camera start by improving the lens. The lens makes a huge difference. When making your choice on phone mega pixels on the camera should not even be a consideration unless it has under 4.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using DroidForums