[Rumor] Pre-Orders of Nexus 7 From Google Play Store Shipping Now; Coming July 13

Ed270

Reaction score
JSM9872 said:
Indeed, it is part of the Forum Foundry network. Sign on up and join the fun DancingNexus

They were available for order when they first went live. Maybe a day or so at most.

I see ordered mine on the 9th and received today have yet to order a case

rcm13502

Reaction score
My Nexus 7, 8GB arrived today at 4:45 but unfortunately when I powered it up it was DOA. On the welcome screen I get an error message that "Unfortunately, Nfc service has stopped" and to press OK. But when I press OK the error message comes right back....over and over. I called Asus technical support who had me do a hard reset but that just made it hang up while booting. They gave me the run around about issuing a RMA and said that I need to contact Google Play Store where I purchased it.

Called Google Play and after being on hold for 45the minutes finally talked to someone. On and off hold for another 30 minutes I was told that I will receive an email with the next steps for a RMA. Still waiting.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I see ordered mine on the 9th and received today have yet to order a case

Check out Amazon, some really nice, inexpensive folio style cases are popping up on there.

My Nexus 7, 8GB arrived today at 4:45 but unfortunately when I powered it up it was DOA. On the welcome screen I get an error message that "Unfortunately, Nfc service has stopped" and to press OK. But when I press OK the error message comes right back....over and over. I called Asus technical support who had me do a hard reset but that just made it hang up while booting. They gave me the run around about issuing a RMA and said that I need to contact Google Play Store where I purchased it.

Called Google Play and after being on hold for 45the minutes finally talked to someone. On and off hold for another 30 minutes I was told that I will receive an email with the next steps for a RMA. Still waiting.

Really sorry to hear that, hopefully everything gets sorted out for you quickly.

Ed270

Reaction score
rcm13502 said:

Sorry that yours arrived DOA. It would be nice if they would tell you something about when you can expect a replacement to be shipped. It would be even better if they did like Amazon and send you one first with a return label to send the dead one back

nikecar

Reaction score
I got this via email today...

On Jul 17, 2012 8:36 PM, "Google Play Team" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> We wanted to send you an update on your Nexus 7 pre-order. We&rsquo;ve had incredible demand for the new tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. If you placed your order by July 11, it will ship this week and we&rsquo;ve upgraded to overnight shipping so it arrives sooner. Orders placed after July 11, will ship next week with overnight shipping.
>
> If you&rsquo;d like more detailed information on device shipments, please reference our online Help Center http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2667319
>
> Thanks for your patience. Your Nexus 7 will be on its way soon.
>
> The Google Play Team
>
> © 2012 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
>
> You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you on your Nexus 7 product pre-order.

froy02

Reaction score
nexus 7 8gb "Unfortunately, NFc Service has stopped" error

Same here, mine came in July 20 and upon powering up, it showed the error message "Unfortunately, NFc Service has stopped". It kept popping back up after I press ok or report. Could not continue so I called Google Play and was told that I'll get an RMA.

Still waiting.