[Rumor] Pre-Orders of Nexus 7 From Google Play Store Shipping Now; Coming July 13

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus7-preorder-shipped-screenshot.jpeg

Here's a potentially amazing rumor if true. Supposedly, there are some folks around the web who recently checked their pre-order status on the Nexus 7 tablet from the Google Play Store, and it indicated that it is shipping now and may arrive as early as July 13th! We haven't been able to confirm this yet, so if any of our members have any additional info, please sound off in this thread.

Source: NexusTablets.net via DroidMatters

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wish I could of afforded one this past paycheck, because if it were coming tomorrow it would arrive on my birthday. On the other hand, with my luck, had I bought one, i'd end up winning one in the Nexusforums contest. So it's probably better that I wait and see, anyways. I might order one on the 20th, hopefully they're not on 6 months backorder by that time *LOL* If this thing isn't a HUGE seller, i'd be mighty surprised.

Josefius

Reaction score
Wish I could of afforded one this past paycheck, because if it were coming tomorrow it would arrive on my birthday. On the other hand, with my luck, had I bought one, i'd end up winning one in the Nexusforums contest. So it's probably better that I wait and see, anyways. I might order one on the 20th, hopefully they're not on 6 months backorder by that time *LOL* If this thing isn't a HUGE seller, i'd be mighty surprised.

Ah, well mine still says Complete, no shipping notice yet. I ordered on the Google Play store. My birthday is on the 20th lol. I hope I get it before then, this is kind of my birthday present to myself. :)

Also, a bigger image of this shows his tracking number... I tracked it and it said "
A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

So, I guess we will see if it's legit or not. Silly person showing his tracking number.

Last edited:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This would be awesome, as July 13th.. tomorrow, is my birthday!

Not checking my shipping so I don't ruin the potential awesome surprise. :) Or.. letdown.. -_-

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Cool!

I may get one for school this fall. Use it for some etext books.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I can confirm this news. Received the email today with UPS tracking number included.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Belly v3.4!

alpine

Reaction score
No email for me. We got hosed!!! Should have just orded a day later (july 11th) from gamestop and would have it already! Orded from the play store on July 10th.:mad::mad: And yes it showing up as pending in my account.! :soapbox:

Last time I pre order anything from Google! Oh and All the bog box stores was not suppose to release them first.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Where can u even order these things on the play store? I don't see them anywhere!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Briankbl

Reaction score
No email for me. We got hosed!!! Should have just orded a day later (july 11th) from gamestop and would have it already! Orded from the play store on July 10th.:mad::mad: And yes it showing up as pending in my account.! :soapbox:

Last time I pre order anything from Google! Oh and All the bog box stores was not suppose to release them first.

My shipping label was created on the 9th. Don't be mad because you ordered late.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Belly v3.4!

Josefius

Reaction score
I got my tracking number at 3 am this morning, hold on money released.

VirtualCLD

Reaction score
For those whose Nexus 7s are shipping now, when did you preorder? I thought I preordered early, July 5th, but no shipping info yet. I'm not mad, just trying to get a feel for where in the queue I am.

Josefius

Reaction score
For those whose Nexus 7s are shipping now, when did you preorder? I thought I preordered early, July 5th, but no shipping info yet. I'm not mad, just trying to get a feel for where in the queue I am.

I ordered mine on July 11th around 9am, got tracking number Saturday the 14th in the morning at around 2:30am.

VirtualCLD

Reaction score
Josefius said:
I ordered mine on July 11th around 9am, got tracking number Saturday the 14th in the morning at around 2:30am.

Hmm... Hopefully I'll hear something soon. I ordered the 16 GB version; if I may ask, which version did you order?

Josefius

Reaction score
Hmm... Hopefully I'll hear something soon. I ordered the 16 GB version; if I may ask, which version did you order?

The 16 GB version. I'm sure you will, details haven't been updated on mine.