[Rumor & Poll] LG to Make the Next Google Nexus Phone, Again

Which smartphone OEM would you like to see build the next Nexus phone?

• LG is fine with me again.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sony would be something fresh.

• HTC makes gorgeous devices, let's see what they can do.

• Samsung deserves another crack at a Nexus smartphone.

• I would be really excited to see what Motorola can do with the Nexus line.

• Other... someone we might have missed.

• Total voters

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
What was the conflict between Verizon, Samsung and Google over Nexus or Galaxy Nexus? I had a GNex for a long time and never did find out what the problem was or why Verizon would never get another Nexus.

Verizon wanted to load their junk on Google's phone. When they couldn't get Google to go along, they delayed the US Launch for months out of spite (They had a six month US exclusive), when it finally DID launch, you saw the massive advertising campaign Verizon launched to support the phone. It was a total fiasco and Google vowed never to offer their Nexus phones to Verizon again. The next two Nexus phones were GSM only.

Google has a long memory and carries a grudge.

VirtualCLD

Reaction score
Verizon wanted to load their junk on Google's phone. When they couldn't get Google to go along, they delayed the US Launch for months out of spite (They had a six month US exclusive), when it finally DID launch, you saw the massive advertising campaign Verizon launched to support the phone. It was a total fiasco and Google vowed never to offer their Nexus phones to Verizon again. The next two Nexus phones were GSM only.

Google has a long memory and carries a grudge.

Are there any reliable sources to back that up instead of just rumors and speculation? I agree that everything we saw certainly fits that account, but I never saw any reports or articles to back that up.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me who makes the next Nexus. You'll never see it on Verizon and I'm not dumping my Unlimited Data plan for anything to have a Nexus again. The closest thing to a Nexus on Verizon is the Moto X. Despite what appears to be unimpressive specs, this phone still runs with the quad cores. If Lenovo builds on the success of the Moto X phone(s), they'll get my business from now on.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me who makes the next Nexus. You'll never see it on Verizon and I'm not dumping my Unlimited Data plan for anything to have a Nexus again. The closest thing to a Nexus on Verizon is the Moto X. Despite what appears to be unimpressive specs, this phone still runs with the quad cores. If Lenovo builds on the success of the Moto X phone(s), they'll get my business from now on.

Bingo.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
And people were worried about Google playing favorites to Motorola.....

When is Sony gonna get a chance? When is HTC, Moto gonna get another chance? (I dont think the Xoom was officially a Nexus device...so maybe Moto never did a Nexus device...) I like the direction the Moto X and G is going in. I am a Moto fan so I would like to seem them next over HTC or Sony...

But ppl worried about Google playing favorites with Moto need to ask them whats the deal with Samsung and LG? Even Asus has been picked more than once for Tablets.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Since my only Nexus device was built by Asus, I have no working experience to gauge how another Nexus device would fare, no matter who actually builds it.
I doubt Circle-M will be doing anything 'Nexus-related' since the buyout, they are probably busy with a complete overhaul and personnel shuffling.
I wish I had the $$ to buy an HTC-One, but since the relocation was already planned, those resources had to go into the move, not fancy toys, so we both ended up with the Moto-G series instead.

I am not a huge fan of Sony, even though I have several components for the home theater by them, just nothing phone-related.
I haven't noticed anything great coming from Sony of late, aside from consumer devices such as TVs and so on, I don't see anything truly ground-breaking taking place.
Sad fact is, aside from changes in processor speeds, memory management and screen resolutions and sizes, the entire industry is at a stand still for a time, I believe we are at an impasse when the software must rise to the challenge, to make use of every advancement we currently hav, then move forward once again.