[Rumor] Google Nexus 6 to Be Based On LG G3; Feature Lightweight Design & 2K Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-6-lg-g3-mar-5.png

We wondered when we would start seeing new "rumint" regarding the Google Nexus 6, and today answered that question. Not too long ago we first started hearing rumors about a new type of Nexus device from Google, dubbed the Nexus 6. We shared a few details about it including the 64-bit CPU. Today's new rumor sheds new light on the device.

Supposedly the Nexus 6 will be another LG made-device and will be based on the LG G3. This new rumor suggests that the internals of the Nexus 6 will be nearly (or completely) identical to the G3, but the outer shell will be different. If true, (and if the previous rumors about the G3 are true), then this would mean the Nexus 6 will have a Quad HD (1440 x 2560 pixels) display, a 64-bit processor, and a 16MP rear camera. The other primary detail which was hinted at in this rumor was that it will be a more "lightweight" design compared to the G3.

The other obvious inference we can make from this is that the Nexus 6 may not be a 6-inch display device after all. The G3 is rumored to be a 5.2-5.5 inch phone. Does this mean that the Nexus 5 is being replaced with the Nexus 6? What does that do to the nomenclature of future Nexus phones? Nexus 7 is already taken...

It's also possible that the Nexus 6 does not exist and this will simply be the next (2014 Edition) of the Nexus 5. We will update you when we find out more.

Source: Gizmodo.de

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My wife wants to get a Nexus 5. I told her to hold off until the Nexus 6 comes out but for what she does on it, the 5 will be fine. Plus she won't want that large of a screen.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Nexus 5 is a phenomenal device. I love mine!

Asgard

Reaction score
I'm a couple of weeks away of ending my contract with VZW so I'm about to get a Nexus 5 and move to TMo, and now I wake up to this news...
What to do?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Lots of rumors about 2k displays. None come to fruition. Let's have one already!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Yeah I just switched to AT&T and paid full price for another LG G2. It is gonna be dated in just a few months. LOL No worries. It is still a phenomenal device. Just hope it doesn't get left by the wayside. Both my VZW and AT&T G2's are yet to receive KitjKat.

I was originally gonna go with the Nexus 5, but I have really gotten spoiled with te big battery of the LG G2 and my past Razr Maxx. Don't think I could go back to the likes of a 2300mAh battery. I really enjoy getting through a full day easily without having to worry about being tethered to a charger.

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Given that the G2 is a beast of a device, and that both my wife and I have it ( and love it ),
I'm looking forward to seeing what the G3 and the next potential Nexus can deliver
And while 4.4 hasn't hit officially ( hers is still bone stock ) , it's been plenty solid and reliable.

I just hope eventually more competition comes to my area, as VZW is really the only game in town.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yeah I just switched to AT&T and paid full price for another LG G2. It is gonna be dated in just a few months. LOL No worries. It is still a phenomenal device. Just hope it doesn't get left by the wayside. Both my VZW and AT&T G2's are yet to receive KitjKat.

I was originally gonna go with the Nexus 5, but I have really gotten spoiled with te big battery of the LG G2 and my past Razr Maxx. Don't think I could go back to the likes of a 2300mAh battery. I really enjoy getting through a full day easily without having to worry about being tethered to a charger.

Yep, once you have had the giant battery it's hard to imagine going back to a smaller one.