[Rumor] Nexus 6 Will be Based On the LG G3 & is Likely Coming with Fingerprint Sensor

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-6.png

We are on an LG roll here today. This one is actually a rumor regarding the Google Nexus 6 smartphone, but it definitely applies to LG. Supposedly, the Nexus 6 will once again be based on the core architecture of the newest LG flagship, which in this case will be the G3. This would hardly be surprising as that has occurred on more than one occasion previously.

That's not the only intel we have to share though. Supposedly, LG and Google don't want to be out-done by feature spam from the iPhone 5S, so the Nexus 6 will include a fingerprint scanner, just like the Apple product. On top of that, the rumor includes a few specs for the Nexus 6:

• 5.5-inch (or it might only be a 5.2-inch) Quad HD 2K (2560 x 1440-pixel) display
  • Snapdragon 805 SoC with a 2.7GHz quad-core Krait 450 processor & Adreno 420 graphics
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 16GB or 32GB of internal storage
There's also no confirmation on whether it will actually be called the Nexus 6 or simply the 2014 version of the Nexus 5. More than likely, if Google follows their usual pattern, it won't be called the Nexus 6, but will stay as the Nexus 5. What do you guys think?

Of course, right now everything is up in the air, so anything is possible.

Source: PhoneArena

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm be interesting to see if this will happen and if it do will it be the last nexus as there was a rumor that Google will be dropping the nexus line for the silver line. I hope we get another nexus as I am loving my nexus 5.

KaChow

Reaction score
So much for Samsung getting a shot at the next Nexus.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I wish this fingerprint scanner fad would go away. Fingerprint data, no really any bio-metric data needs to live at the FBI, not my phone.

What a phone should do is track my unique habits as a continuous security measure instead of a one step hack me please feature.