LG Once Again Rumored to Develop a New Nexus Device

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-nexus.jpg

It looks like LG is making rounds in the rumor-mill regarding another Nexus product. According to insider industry reports, Google execs and engineers were touring through LG offices recently. This lead to speculation that LG is likely to be making another Nexus device. Whether this will be another smartphone or some form of Tablet is unclear at this time.

If it turns out to be true, it will mark the first time Google has awarded the Nexus program to the same OEM more than twice. So far, LG produced the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 smartphones for Google, while Samsung created the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus devices. Here's a quote with a few more details,

According to the Korean media, earlier this week on the 16th of March, Google’s engineers visited LG’s headquarters and took a tour of its facilities. Reportedly, for as long as these engineers will be in Korea, they will also visit LG’s various affiliates – including LG Innotek and LG Display.

With all the commotion going on, industry insiders quoted by the source believe that Google and LG are now discussing the possibility of a renewed collaboration whose end result will be a new LG-made Nexus smartphone.

Source: GforGames

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
It won't hurt my feelings any. I love my N5.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm happy with Motorola, HTC, or LG making the next Nexus. Maybe HTC less since they'll most likely use the 810 which is having overheating issues.

Even Samsung after seeing the S6 would be a good choice.

on the move..

lorasweet

Reaction score
I'm curious what LG would offer this time,will it outperform HTC's M9 or Samsung's S6?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
LG is a great choice again.. Coming back to the Nexus with the 6.. I'm thinking I'd like to stay Nexus going forward...

Tap'd by Big 6

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Amazing how soon these rumors start after each Nexus device is shipped. Paint's still wet on the 6.
I don't have any paint on mine.. Hmmm wonder if it's a defect.. Lol

I just ordered two slickwraps backs so it should be paint free hehe

Tap'd by Big 6