[Rumor] New X Phone Rumor Suggests It is Not a Single Device, but a New Series

wvdroidman

Reaction score
The best phone I ever had was a original droid. It was amazing. My first smart phone and I just fell in love with it. Paid $300 on ebay for it not the exhorborant $700 prices for todays top of the line phones.

kilarican

Reaction score
wow this sounds too good but hoping with fingers cross half of it is true....like everything else in life "time will tell":happy3:

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
This all sounds great. Even if only a fraction of it is true. But I have a funny feeling if it is unlocked and sold by Google VZW will find a way to block it from being used on their network.

Tap'd from my N7
Yeah, if the updates are coming straight from Google/Motorola, you won't be seeing this phone on Verizon's Network. Pity. But I'll believe the specs on these phones when I see them. I've already heard that the X phones are old designs left over pre-merger and you won't see a decent phone come out of Motorola until sometime late this year or early next year. I'll remain skeptically hopeful, though...

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
The last time a killer Motorola phone was introduced and I got excited it was the Bionic.
We all know how that turned out.
I just hope they are not stupid enough to let that happen again.
I was also taken in by the Bionic Hype. But when I started to hear about the awful pentile display and the delays, I waited until I saw one in person. Yep, same display as the X2. That left me flat. So, I opted to wait for the Galaxy Nexus. I thought I was going to be disappointed with Samsung when I heard that the Gnex had a pentile display as well. I wasn't disappointed after all. :biggrin:

Last edited:

KarinAZ

Reaction score
X again?

Loved my Motorola Droid X2 until it failed on me before I could get a new phone under contract (though I was sure I'd not be buying under the contract as I'm on Verizon and need to keep my unlimited data). When I started running into X2 problems the Verizon rep would let me know X2 complaints like mine were common (getting much feedback from customers on the same problem. Phone could not handle functioning well even though dual core. They apologized that the phone couldn't make it until I could buy one under the contract. The reps I talked to said "I know you aren't going to want to pay full price so you may want to try to limp along until your contract is up" (months into the future). One rep even suggested "if you'll be buying your phone subsidized under the contract, consider buying an inexpensive pre-paid phone until the time is right to change. It was a consideration, I could port my number, but I was so disappointed and needed fully functioning phone so I ended up with a used Samsung Galaxy Nexus via Ebay for $165 (with full accessory package). So now I don't know if I could trust an X model again. The only bright spot is I retained the X as my bedside WiFi phone on our home network as I listen to Old Time (Nostalgic) radio programs. As long as it's not on the network the X2 does pretty well . Using it like an Mp3 player with gaming on it as well.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
There is no way that this phone would be in the "DROID X" line of phones. Well I hope not. Didn't they say this is multi carrier? Anyway I'm gonna give it a fair shot. I want a big screen version though (5.5+)

Sent from my Note 2 using the Droid Forums App

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I don't think it would be part of the Droid line. Some might, but I doubt it. If there are, it'll be on Verizon and there will be very few.