[Rumor] New Leak Regarding Samsung Nexus Prime; Will Have a Super AMOLED HD Screen

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nexus-prime-new-pic.jpg

The Samsung Nexus Prime just had another tidbit of info leaked about it. This new leak continues the rumor of a possible October release date. Also, from what we understand the screen will be Samsung's new Super AMOLED HD that will have an astonishing resolution of 720x1280 pixels on a 4.5" form factor. Supposedly, it will also be a Pentile screen but the deficiencies of that will be made up for by the HD resolution. Another bit of info from this leak suggests that it will come to several different carriers when it is finally released, which will break with tradition a bit.

Source: Android.net via PhoneArena

EFGantry

Reaction score
suhweet!! Nexus Prime vs Droid HD - decisions, decisions...

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Samsung has been using pentile technology for a while now. Pentile is not the problem, like most would believe. It is simply a layout arrangement used for the screen. Take the Nexus One for example...it had a pentile layout, and people did not complain about it like they do with Moto's phones. Seems to be the RGBW pentile layout coupled with qHD that gives us the grain-like quality some people notice.

I think...then again, I don't worry too much with the screen.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^There is no way I'd wait for it if I were you either! If you get the Bionic and later decide that you cant live without the Nexus, there is always to option to sell your phone and buy one used.

Stories

Reaction score
I'm tempted by this since it'll get OS updates quickly, but I'm really liking what I'm hearing about the HTC Vigor...

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
^There is no way I'd wait for it if I were you either! If you get the Bionic and later decide that you cant live without the Nexus, there is always to option to sell your phone and buy one used.

Exactly. As much as I want to wait, now seems to be the time for me to finally get my first smart phone. My i*od Touch doesn't cut it for me anymore. I'll either get the Bionic or GSII (depending on what news we get from Samsung's event). I can always sell it later like you said if I really need ICS.

EFGantry

Reaction score
Exactly. As much as I want to wait, now seems to be the time for me to finally get my first smart phone. My i*od Touch doesn't cut it for me anymore. I'll either get the Bionic or GSII (depending on what news we get from Samsung's event). I can always sell it later like you said if I really need ICS.

the Bionic will eventually end up with ICS. the choice really comes down to hardware and, for some/many, hackability of the device.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm definitely interested if this comes to vzw

sent from my bolt