[Rumor] Motorola May Unveil Xoom 2 in UK Tomorrow

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
xoom-2-carphone-warehouse-leak.jpg

There are some rumors circulating the web that Motorola may be unveiling the new Xoom 2 in the UK tomorrow. According to sources, Moto has issued press invites to an event in their UK offices on November 3rd. The speculation is that they will announce the launch of the Xoom 2 there. This speculation hinges on the recent leak of a Xoom 2 flier from UK retailer Carphone Warehouse (pictured above). We will keep you informed if new details emerge.

Source: XoomForums via PhanDroid

Jonas

Reaction score
This better be good, because I was so excited about the Xoom when it first came out, and I almost bought one, but it worked out that I bought a laptop. If this is anything like the first one, it will be around for a while as a competitive piece.

path2u

Reaction score
Boycott Motorola

Until it is official, and I see a change in Moto Policies concerning the encrypted bootloaders they are still placing on their android devices ... I will boycott ALL Motorola products and continue to post this everywhere their Android devices are discussed. This is yet another case of a big company abusing the open source nature which was created to give more control and customization to the end users by Google, and has been turned into another way to limit it.
If you agree, keep passing this info around ... hold the big companies responsible by the best method we have ... stop buying from them.
:biggrin:

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Until it is official, and I see a change in Moto Policies concerning the encrypted bootloaders they are still placing on their android devices ... I will boycott ALL Motorola products and continue to post this everywhere their Android devices are discussed. This is yet another case of a big company abusing the open source nature which was created to give more control and customization to the end users by Google, and has been turned into another way to limit it.
If you agree, keep passing this info around ... hold the big companies responsible by the best method we have ... stop buying from them.
:biggrin:

I currently have a Moto Droid and will likely be buying a Bionic in the near future. (Unless the Nexus is really great.) I personally don't care about a locked bootloader, as I have no interest in rooting or flashing a ROM. I suspect that 90% + of smartphone buyers are in the same boat as me and could care less about your boycott.