[Rumor] Motorola Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD Coming October

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Razr_HD_Leaked-1.jpeg

If you have been anxiously awaiting the release of the new Motorola Droid RAZR HD and/or the RAZR MAXX HD, then you may be both pleased and disappointed by this news. New rumors peg the launch date of the new Droid flagship device for October. The source of this info suggests that the phones are actually finished, but Motorola is purposefully holding off on releasing the device.

More than likely, they are trying to time the launch of the phone to help spread things out a bit more. This is in contrast to the way they spammed the market with far too money different devices last year. Also, additional speculation suggests that they are positioning the new device to release at a more competitive time compared to other manufacturers like the iPhone 5.

It's disappointing to see that we have to wait a couple months longer, but at least we are getting closer to an actual date. Also, it's good to see that Motorola is being wiser about market saturation with their devices.

The pic above is from a previous leak of the device over at XDA.

Source: RAZRForums via UnWiredView

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmm. This almost destroys any hope of a moto nexus for Christmas.... wait... Bionic was released in October, and the razr was released in time for Christmas... wasn't it?? :blink: I honestly don't recall.

I know the maxx was released in February...

But that aside.... I wish Moto would say something... announce the device/s.... take the blinders off...

This could be bad.... the new iPhone cones out on September(rumored) this is a dangerous waiting game on motos behalf. IMHO

Droideye

Reaction score
I wonder why Moto is releasing the Razr HD along with the Maxx HD? Seems there were an awful lot of people citing poor battery life as a weak link in the Razr. Why wouldn't they focus more on producing the long-lasting Maxx and drop the model with the inferior battery life?

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Google could be waiting to do a Head to Head, "Knock down, Drag out", Punch For Punch! Toe to Toe, Phone Slamming Fight with Apple and launch it the "Same" Day!!! Wouldn't that be the most awesome "MMA"(Moto Mobility&Apple) fight of All Time!??? I would buy tickets for ringside seat at my VZW store and watch the first day!!! :-D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
I think Moto needs to release much more aggressively spec'd devices since it seemingly takes months of setbacks before they finalize a release. These phones are essentially playing catch-up with Samsung and HTC, who have a variety of phones with equal or better features. Its fine if moto only wants to release a couple devices a year but they MUST be new, exciting, top-shelf superphones or else they will go the way of Blackberry and Nokia; once on top, now fighting for the scraps.

Sent from my Synergy SGSIII

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have now lost interest in this phone..

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google could be waiting to do a Head to Head, "Knock down, Drag out", Punch For Punch! Toe to Toe, Phone Slamming Fight with Apple and launch it the "Same" Day!!! Wouldn't that be the most awesome "MMA"(Moto Mobility&Apple) fight of All Time!??? I would buy tickets for ringside seat at my VZW store and watch the first day!!! :-D

be no contest apple fanboys would win out.. they have a device once a year. if you want the latest and greatest thats it you don't have to worry about whats being released tomorrow or next week etc..
don't get me wrong i prefer android but i would bet a considerable amount of money stating the razr hd wont touch the iphone sales for VZW .. then in 2 months they will release the razr maxx hd :blink:

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Yea but I think it would definitely put a dent in Apple sales for those that are on the fence about it! And VZW is always trying to push the Android devices over Apple anyway!?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea but I think it would definitely put a dent in Apple sales for those that are on the fence about it! And VZW is always trying to push the Android devices over Apple anyway!?

only because android phones have 4g and iphones dont...i think the newest iphone will finally have 4g so vzw will go right back to pushing iphones

PBarn

Reaction score
Nice! I'll have my OG Droid 3 years in November, so this may be a fantastic early Christmas present for myself (depending on what else is in the market at the time...especially if "Five Google devices to be released in the fall" rumors are true).

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Hmmm. This almost destroys any hope of a moto nexus for Christmas.... wait... Bionic was released in October, and the razr was released in time for Christmas... wasn't it?? :blink: I honestly don't recall.

I know the maxx was released in February...

But that aside.... I wish Moto would say something... announce the device/s.... take the blinders off...

This could be bad.... the new iPhone cones out on September(rumored) this is a dangerous waiting game on motos behalf. IMHO

Bionic September 8, RAZR November 11, DROID RAZR MAXX January 26 and the DROID 4 February 10