Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Netflix all over again.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rofl, I have satellite, I guess this automatically eliminates me from their service. :happy3: I really dont care about this story though, so what if they did? I take that if they take off commercials. If they do both thats like taking it from the front and the back.... I have already canceled my service though because of the ads. Netflix is better and I can watch my show without being shot with commercials. I also have amazon prime. Why should i get HULU too? They are giving the customer no reason to buy them.

rpdonald

Reaction score
ilikemoneygreen said:
Rofl, I have satellite, I guess this automatically eliminates me from their service. :happy3: I really dont care about this story though, so what if they did? I take that if they take off commercials. If they do both thats like taking it from the front and the back.... I have already canceled my service though because of the ads. Netflix is better and I can watch my show without being shot with commercials. I also have amazon prime. Why should i get HULU too? They are giving the customer no reason to buy them.

Can you watch House on Netflix? How bout the current season of Law and Order: SVU? I don't think you get the purpose of what hulu is. Its similar to Netflix, but its not the same. I think they compliment each other and I am in the process of ditching cable because I use both.

The article said this would happen for a couple of years, so we better all enjoy it while it lasts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i do not understand why people pay for online content when you can have any show next day via torrent and watch it on ANY device for free.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Oh, the story as written makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Hulu is owned by the networks who provide the content. These same networks broadcast ota in high def for free. So how and why would they give up the ad revenue... The cable companies are more than welcome to threaten removal of the major channels, but this would then upset a huge portion of their subscriber base. If anything, this will be used as a bargaining tool for the next contract talks when the networks want x$ per subscriber for their channels. As it stands already, I'm paying for TVs with commercials on hulu ... Why on earth would I pay the cable company AND the networks for the same program???

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
This news article from April will give some insight into the how, what and why of what is being wrestled with. None of the entities in television want to lose their piece of the pie, in spite of as some have stated above, that is time to embrace the digital future. As one who works in the broadcast industry, we see and hear things about this all the time. Don't discount the role that Congress and Federal agencies play in the story, either. Much of what gets regulated gets it's traction from those folks.

The article only mentions the :cough cough: Ipad so just roll that over and make it say Android :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/28/b...vision-apps-but-tv-industry-is-wary.html?_r=1

Big Ry

Reaction score
Hulu is terrible anyway. I signed up for a free week of Plus only to cancel and go to Netflix. Netflix has way more episodes of the shows I watch and tons more movies...and it never skips like Hulu did. But I hardly see how Hulu is getting all the fire and Netflix isn't. They're practically the same service!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

padams27

Reaction score
They are smart to get out while they can, especially if the above happens. So I got a Hulu Plus subscription because you can't watch Hulu on a Roku without Plus. But behold!!!! The TV show that I want to watch, even though I'm paying for Plus, is not available on my device and is only viewable from a desktop computer. Hulu Plust = Canceled the next day.

You can watch Hulu on a Roku without Plus. I use Playon (I bought a lfetime subscription for about $20.00 three years ago when they had a slickdeals deal). Playon also gives me access to movies on my computer, CBS (which does not have a Hulu agreement), Youtube, and other content. Have my three ROKU's all connected with Playon and it is great.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's weird when I google something and see an old topic come up only to now be able to go, wait we are now experiencing what this topic was talking about.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
It's weird when I google something and see an old topic come up only to now be able to go, wait we are now experiencing what this topic was talking about.

not sure what you mean but for the last few years, in order to watch some network shows on hulu, you needed a cable (or satellite) subscription - even if you paid for hulu.

silverfang77

Reaction score
not sure what you mean but for the last few years, in order to watch some network shows on hulu, you needed a cable (or satellite) subscription - even if you paid for hulu.
Yeah and that's such BS. It's just their way of propping up a passé business model.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Popcorn time casts any movie or show to a smart device in your house free of charge and can be installed on any android, Apple or windows platform.
I understand having free Netflix or Amazon prime. But Hulu? Why?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Popcorn time casts any movie or show to a smart device in your house free of charge and can be installed on any android, Apple or windows platform.
I understand having free Netflix or Amazon prime. But Hulu? Why?

popcorn used to be a good service. the last time I watched something on it, it had so many commercials it was ridicules and I went to another site to watch the movie.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a commercial there. We must be using different programs.