[Rumor] HTC Thunderbolt Delay May Only be Until March 3rd or 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I will guarantee this phone is out within the next 2 weeks. Reasoning is pretty simple - IPhone is really the only handset (of note, anyway) they've released in 5 months and they probably could use a couple of weeks of TBolt sales for those quarterly earnings reports. On the other hand, they may not like potentially unflattering/inaccurate LTE projections off just two weeks of TBolt sales.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to question if these leaks/rumors are even legit. Looking like each day that goes by with no official news someone just throws out a new date, probably for no other reason than to generate hits.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I'm starting to question if these leaks/rumors are even legit. Looking like each day that goes by with no official news someone just throws out a new date, probably for no other reason than to generate hits.

Well, the leaks are tied in with Verizon's predilection for releasing things on Thursdays - so you have guesses for the 3rd (this Thursday) and the 10th (next Thursday). True, "Wishing and Hoping don't make it so", but what else are we to do? Those of us committed to acquiring a Thunderbolt are *beyond* being frustrated at the delays and silence from Verizon.

-Mike

georgek

Reaction score

It seems like when we get close to the rumored release date it gets pushed back another 2 weeks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mitchb2

Reaction score
My Droid 1 is barely usable. This fiasco is very frustrating.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, the leaks are tied in with Verizon's predilection for releasing things on Thursdays - so you have guesses for the 3rd (this Thursday) and the 10th (next Thursday). True, "Wishing and Hoping don't make it so", but what else are we to do? Those of us committed to acquiring a Thunderbolt are *beyond* being frustrated at the delays and silence from Verizon.

-Mike

Point being, I don't think VZW has ever said anything other than "Q1". I question these "sources" which appear to simply claim the next date as each passes. People are getting frustrated over "leaks" and "rumors" that, at best, lack credibility (if there was even any validity to begin with).

Forgetful

Reaction score

-Mike

Point being, I don't think VZW has ever said anything other than "Q1". I question these "sources" which appear to simply claim the next date as each passes. People are getting frustrated over "leaks" and "rumors" that, at best, lack credibility (if there was even any validity to begin with).

VZW told BB 14th, and the 24th,

ke0kie

Reaction score
It's ineffective to spend marketing dollars on thunderbolt TV commercials, without any information on how to acquire the product.

I might get one. I might get something else, I have no idea what my options are. The Verizon Wireless mobile phone products live in mystery land.

I will not be switching carriers, so I will float around mystery land and keep using my rooted D1.

I'll have to be able to root the TB to install wifi-tether, that's also a deal breaker for me, so I have to wait for root. I suppose 4G LTE pricing will determine how much wifi-tether I do, though...

--Scott

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That makes me mad! NO VZ!!! Whose nose do I flick for this? ...Not surprised though.

That article title is misleading. It makes it sound like tiered pricing is coming with the TBolt (tell me they aren't holding up the release while the eggheads crunch the numbers!), but I believe this same exec said "mid summer" for LTE plans.

Also, for everyone saying "you'll be grandfathered" or thinks 3G won't be affected, the comments regarding the Iphone seem to indicate otherwise.

But when you consider the average user might be on a $100 a month plan, trying to squeeze even just $10 more out of people for data means they don't have to lose very many people for such a plan to actually hurt profits. I'm interested to see what they do because the game theory is pretty complicated.

shortsxit

Reaction score
That makes me mad! NO VZ!!! Whose nose do I flick for this? ...Not surprised though.

That article title is misleading. It makes it sound like tiered pricing is coming with the TBolt (tell me they aren't holding up the release while the eggheads crunch the numbers!), but I believe this same exec said "mid summer" for LTE plans.

Also, for everyone saying "you'll be grandfathered" or thinks 3G won't be affected, the comments regarding the Iphone seem to indicate otherwise.

But when you consider the average user might be on a $100 a month plan, trying to squeeze even just $10 more out of people for data means they don't have to lose very many people for such a plan to actually hurt profits. I'm interested to see what they do because the game theory is pretty complicated.

He also said it would be introduced "with the Tbolt," so who the heck knows...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey today is the 5th. Another rumored date bites the dust! Next thread.i suppose the next one will have another speculated date.

Status
Not open for further replies.