RUMOR: Galaxy S9 To Hit Store Shelves In March Without Android's Latest Version

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s9-fan-render-1-jpg.78096

The rumors are coming in quick for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S9. Previous rumors have suggested that the phone will launch very early. That might be as early as CES or it could be just before Mobile World Congress in February. A recent report suggest that the phone will be unveiled in February and will hit store shelves as early as March. What really stands out about this source's claim is that he says the phone will ship without Google's latest version of Android Oreo.

The S9 and S9+ has been tested with Android Oreo 8.0, but has not been tested with the latest version Android 8.1. It is expected that while Samsung may decided to provide the latest version of Android for their newest devices it is likely they won't considering they provide a customized version of Android. The S9 may be the first of Samsung's devices to feature the new Samsung AI UX.

via GalaxyClub

Attachments

• galaxy-s9-fan-render-1.jpg
    galaxy-s9-fan-render-1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2,574

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wow, that's kind of crazy. You would think all new phones in 2018 would ship with Oreo already installed. I'm sure they will still sell a ton of them and it will be a solid phone, just odd that it may not have the most current OS.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's kind of crazy. You would think all new phones in 2018 would ship with Oreo already installed. I'm sure they will still sell a ton of them and it will be a solid phone, just odd that it may not have the most current OS.

If I'm reading correctly the phones will ship with Oreo, but only the original 8.0. Not the v. 8.1 that will be released in a couple weeks. Or whatever 8.x.x is available come March.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If I'm reading correctly the phones will ship with Oreo, but only the original 8.0. Not the v. 8.1 that will be released in a couple weeks. Or whatever 8.x.x is available come March.
Thanks for pointing that out, I obviously misread. Oops. . I guess my brain misinterp-ulated what my eyes were reading.