[Rumor] Droid X Gingerbread Update Coming May 13th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
new-droidx45591.jpg

With plenty of Gingerbread leaks having already come to the Droid X over the past couple of months, this isn't terribly exciting news, but still useful for some of us, nonetheless. An official Gingerbread update is rumored to be coming on May 13th to the Droid X from Motorola. Supposedly, the build is finished, but Motorola is just waiting for Verizon to sign off on it before they send it OTA. It's also rumored that the 13th could just be a test roll-out and the full OTA for everyone may not come until the 16th. Either way, we will keep an eye out for you guys.

Source: Droid-Life

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'll just be happy when custom ROMs can be made on the final version so I don't have to worry about if I have the current leak or not.

Using ZombieStomp GB right now and have to say, very good. The GB leak is much faster than Froyo was, but the Zombie ROM is even faster. Loving it.

yearn

Reaction score
I'll just be happy when custom ROMs can be made on the final version so I don't have to worry about if I have the current leak or not.

Using ZombieStomp GB right now and have to say, very good. The GB leak is much faster than Froyo was, but the Zombie ROM is even faster. Loving it.

I agree, I had been running ZombieStomped 1.2 with the .571 leak for the past couple a weeks, checked in last night and seen i was WAY behind, lol!

So I updated to .591 and ZS 1.65 and im very impressed! Great battery life and way faster than Froyo ever was...But it will be nice for the "Official" release to drop so everyones working off the same build.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

I agree, I had been running ZombieStomped 1.2 with the .571 leak for the past couple a weeks, checked in last night and seen i was WAY behind, lol!

So I updated to .591 and ZS 1.65 and im very impressed! Great battery life and way faster than Froyo ever was...But it will be nice for the "Official" release to drop so everyones working off the same build.

Did you notice any big jump from the 1.2 to the 1.65?

yearn

Reaction score

Did you notice any big jump from the 1.2 to the 1.65?

The most noticeable difference was the theme(which I love, but may not be for everyone), ad it is noticeably faster and smother.
But i was also on the .571 build and updated to the .591 so I dont know how much difference that made.
Id say its worth the update for sure, especially if u have all your apps and data backed up with Titanium Backup. it dont take very long at all to be all set back up again.

jodyberry

Reaction score
So if I get the OTA, what are the major differences between my existing (stock) OS and Gingerbread?

Thanks all...

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
So if I get the OTA, what are the major differences between my existing (stock) OS and Gingerbread?

Thanks all...

Better performance and some added tweaks that's basically it really. Also some added benefits that other os like froyo eclair dont have

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Moto finally got a decent launcher on Blur with the GB version. I use the stock launcher now, thats says alot. I lived by ADW EX and LPP.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
grr what about the droid 2 ?!!!!!!!!!!

What's a droid 2? Jk but it will probably be awhile after droid x gets it bring droid x was vzw flagship phone. The droid 2 ended up becoming a somewhat forgotten device. I haven't even seen a droid 2 only droid x's.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Actually I haven't seen one In the verizon store either. I walked in like two days for a car dock and they asked if i was insterested in a dx.

creaky

Reaction score
Won't mess with root?

So the previous rumors that the GB update would include a new locked bootloader are not true? Just don't want a disaster when update shows up....