[Rumor] HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Incredible Will Receive Gingerbread in Q2

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-gingerbread-android.jpg

It seems to be a Gingerbread day. Right after we got a couple of juicy leaked Gingerbread ROMS for the Droid 2 and the Droid X, now we get announcements of Gingerbread coming to the HTC Thunderbolt and the HTC Droid Incredible sometime later in the second quarter of this year. This is still unconfirmed at this time, so we are counting this one as just a rumor for now. Regardless, all this talk of gingerbread has made me really hungry now. I shouldn't have skipped breakfast... :p

Source: Phandroid

Losman

Reaction score
Hope this its true. My droid Inc..has reached end of life acorrding to vzw.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Please keep in mind as far as the Inc is concerned, that it's not just up to Verizon and Google, HTC has to put their hands on it at the final stage to overlay Sense. So ultimately the decision will be theirs before anyone else. We basically have three layers of players that have to agree to do it. Kinda makes it a pain (and makes me ever so much happier that I rooted.)

Losman

Reaction score
You bring a solid and valid point. But I don't know about the current builds. That and my lack of sufficient skill in rooting. Still reading and researching.

Sent from Droid Inc.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
You bring a solid and valid point. But I don't know about the current builds. That and my lack of sufficient skill in rooting. Still reading and researching.

Sent from Droid Inc.

If you decide to root, jump over to our sister forum, HTC Incredible Forum and we can give you a hand. Rooting the Inc was by far the best thing I ever did to that phone. It really expanded on what it was capable of doing. And really helped it across the board.