[Rumor] Droid Bionic Pricing and Possibly Coming August 26th; Grain of Salt Optional

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-bionic-retail-sku-587.jpg

According to some industry intel, it is possible we could see the Motorola Droid Bionic as early as August 26th, and that the unsubsidized price of the device will be $587. Additionally this source even claims that some Verizon stores have already received their shipments of the superphone. The pic of the SKU above seems to confirm the pricing details, but it is probably a good idea to take the release date with a grain of salt, since we have already heard from sources within Motorola themselves, including its CEO, Sanjay Jha, suggesting that the phone was probably coming in September.

Of course, if this rumor turns out to be true, we wouldn't complain about a pre-Labor Day surprise gift now would we?

Source: BionicForums.net via AndroidCentral

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the phrase that was used in the conf. call was that it would be "in stores" in September. I hope they are both right, meaning that it will be available online on August 26th and in stores Sept. 8th.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I hope it really is being sold that early. I believe they could have it and just not be allowed to sell it. But that would be great, i get paid on the 25th I can finally have my new phone on the 26th >_< ahhh i want it!.

Does anyone know if the FFC is vga or 1.3?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Saw this over on BionicForums.net yesterday. It definitely seems like best case scenario though.

Reaction score
Woohoo, my birthday. Unfortunately I wont have money for a month after that. :( But hey, at least it will give me time to read plenty of reviews and if the sgs2 comes out on the 29th, that will give me 2 choices. :)

xmguy

Reaction score
This probably means $299 on contract? This seems to be the new norm for 4G smartphones. I Swear at the price they should offer flex payments.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to be a little broke next month. I already have a lot of other stuff to buy but this phone looks impressive. I might wait until it's in stores though considering the extra $100 I have to fork out for it, as I'd like to play with it and see how it feels on me. It says on the website that I'm eligible for $50 off along with the discounted price so I'm curious how much it'll actually end up costing me.