[Rumor] Android Ice Cream Sandwich May be Built Around TI OMAP 4

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seeing how GB doesnt play nice with my Droid 1....I doubt it....

I think Froyo is gonna be the last real update for the Droid 1. Putting GB on my Droid 1 was a step back from Froyo.

It happens. The older iPhones dont really play nice with iOS 4 from what I've read. I can see them not getting along with IOS 5.

Not so fast my friend! Ics will be further optimized running new cleaner code than GB. In:motdroidvert: theory it could run better on the D1 than GB. GB netted me huge improvements on my d1, battery and speed wise. If the devs stick around and get new kernels out I think we will see ICS on the d1.

I'd be willing to bet on it.

I lost track of the Droid 1 scene since getting the Droid X1. Did GB officially come out for the Droid 1? Maybe the GB Rom I have is the problem.

You know what....I just realized....I done even know if I have the right kernel on my Droid 1..lol

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
You know what....I just realized....I done even know if I have the right kernel on my Droid 1..lol

2.3.4 seems to be better, if you have the right kernel. From my perspective, it seems more Android services want to run with GB while the task management has also gotten more aggressive. That obviously causes problems for the underpowered D1 - I feel like a WWII engineer trying to strip out a plane to make it light enough to take off from a carrier.

UNC

Reaction score

2.3.4 seems to be better, if you have the right kernel. From my perspective, it seems more Android services want to run with GB while the task management has also gotten more aggressive. That obviously causes problems for the underpowered D1 - I feel like a WWII engineer trying to strip out a plane to make it light enough to take off from a carrier.

Honestly CM7 has some hiccups but my Droid (now in my Brother's possession) has never run better. It lasts forever on a charge and it runs every app he uses it for well. He does business over ebay, so obviously he needs his phone to work perfect, and every time I ask him about it he has no complaints.

The task management will be improved on ICS and it will run on the D1.

The G1 made it all the way to Froyo, DangerSPL and all... That should tell you something.

UNC

Reaction score

Honestly CM7 has some hiccups but my Droid (now in my Brother's possession) has never run better. It lasts forever on a charge and it runs every app he uses it for well. He does business over ebay, so obviously he needs his phone to work perfect, and every time I ask him about it he has no complaints.

The G1 made it all the way to Froyo, DangerSPL and all... That should tell you something.

*Ahem, EDIT*

The G1 actually has a few GB roms....

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

I've tried them all, and still keep flashing Liquid, but honestly BB is the only thing that runs halfway decent on my droid. I think the bigger culprit is Sweeterhome and my grossly overtaxed set-up.

I am probably doing better with the GPA builds in BB than ever, still gets pretty laggy and buggy after a few days but other roms have been unuseable after a few days. I probably haven't done enough work trying different kernels. As much time as I've spent flashing roms I really should exercise more due diligence on kernels.

UNC

Reaction score

I've tried them all, and still keep flashing Liquid, but honestly BB is the only thing that runs halfway decent on my droid. I think the bigger culprit is Sweeterhome and my grossly overtaxed set-up.

I am probably doing better with the GPA builds in BB than ever, still gets pretty laggy and buggy after a few days but other roms have been unuseable after a few days. I probably haven't done enough work trying different kernels. As much time as I've spent flashing roms I really should exercise more due diligence on kernels.

CM7 build thread

Check out Prime's kernel and Winner's build on this thread. Prime kernel + Winner's CM7 build = GREAT CM7.