[Rumor] 5-Inch HTC Droid Incredible X Will be the Google Nexus 5

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
5-Droid-Incredible-X-nexus-5.png

Here's an intriguing bit of "rumnint" for this Monday morning. Supposedly according to some "reliable sources" the rumored 5-inch HTC Droid Incredible X will actually be a Nexus product. According to the intel, the "phablet" sized device from HTC will actually be the Google Nexus 5. Here's a quote with the details,

Anyways, according to an unnamed, but allegedly "very reliable" insider, the Droid Incredible X (which some of us expected to get announced during last week's HTC event), will become the Nexus 5, and what a Note II alternative this is going to be! First of all, it's said to sport a gorgeous 1080x1920-pixel display (we told you you were going to need a lot of salt...), Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset with LTE (also available in the upcoming LG Optimus G), 12MP main camera, 2MP FF one, 2,500mAh battery and up to 64GB internal storage, which sounds plausible, when you have in mind that Google usually avoids putting microSD card slots in its Nexus devices. Software-wise, the device is expected to come with Android 4.1.2, which is said to bring some improvements to Project Butter (UI responsiveness/smoothness), additional lockscreen functionality and the usual set of bug-fixes.

Hmmm... this would be an interesting move for HTC, but it might just be what they need to do to shake things up and get noticed again. The specs certainly seem amazing. Of course, this is a rumor about a rumor, so I would remain skeptical until we come up with some additional corroboration.

Source: PhoneArena

npro1464

Reaction score
Meh, I really didn't want to get a phablet as my next phone, and my next phone will​ be a Nexus. If this is the case, I hope Sony, Samsung, and LG offer Nexuses as well with varying sizes.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Meh, I really didn't want to get a phablet as my next phone, and my next phone will​ be a Nexus. If this is the case, I hope Sony, Samsung, and LG offer Nexuses as well with varying sizes.

I concur.
I dont want a 5" Nexus Phablet. If there was 4.5" to 4.8" range, then i would be game but 5" is taking it too far for me.
Hopefully, some more variations do come out.

BUT....i would still like to demo it myself.
:p

geoff5093

Reaction score
I concur.
I dont want a 5" Nexus Phablet. If there was 4.5" to 4.8" range, then i would be game but 5" is taking it too far for me.
Hopefully, some more variations do come out.

BUT....i would still like to demo it myself.
:p
What about the 5.5" Note 2? Haha

5" sounds like the perfect size.

armeddroid

Reaction score
geoff5093 said:
What about the 5.5" Note 2? Haha

5" sounds like the perfect size.

Lol idk. These phones keep getting bigger and bigger. But I'll still demo it and see wassup especially with the possibility of being a Nexus.

npro1464

Reaction score
A little bit of a rant: Maybe it won't be so bad bc this phone will have the on screen ics buttons and not capacitive buttons, so maybe the phones actual size will be comparable to the gs3. Still, I can't help but look at my OG Droid and think "this was it," in terms on screen sizes. 4 inches (proportionately sized, unlike that abomination called the iPhone 5) is the absolute sweet spot. Now when they release smaller screen phones, they're all "starter" smart phones with lesser specs. Heck, the Razr M is considered an entry level phone and it has a 4.3 inch screen!

I still think this phone will be Sensed up and will be called the Inc x/3. If HTC does put this out, I think the rumor of a family of Nexus phones being put out will be much more likely. It will be interesting to see how Google would handle support with multiple Nexus phones.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
What sells the Note (2) for me is that S-Pen stylus. Especially with the improvements built into the Note 2's UI such as hovering over website menus to get to the submenus (which can't be done on normal touchscreens) is full of win.

I think more and more phones and tablets will be going to this type of system and/or having the capacitive screen recognizing finger hovering.

armeddroid

Reaction score
What sells the Note (2) for me is that S-Pen stylus. Especially with the improvements built into the Note 2's UI such as hovering over website menus to get to the submenus (which can't be done on normal touchscreens) is full of win.

I think more and more phones and tablets will be going to this type of system and/or having the capacitive screen recognizing finger hovering.

I agree.
I personally dont like stylus pens but this particualr one and its smart functions are off the hook. I really dig the fact in some cases you dont even have to touch the screen.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score

It seems like that was what the Sony Sola was going for but I don't know that they ever built up its functionality to that level