rubiX Focused 2.0.1: UPDATED

droidxethan

Reaction score
Wait this is blurry 2.0 right?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DBLX

Reaction score
Okay friends, I'm going to install this rom when I get off work. This will be my first! What should I expect? Anything to look out for? Im rooted. Any tips? Patches or fixes for this rom? Maybe this will improve my battery life too? Right now with the motorola extended batt @ 9 hours im at 30%. Not sure if that's good, decent or average?
TIA,
Mj

I also have the extended battery and am currently at 80% after 11 hours. Using jrummy oc app to ultra low volt @ 1.15ghz using the conservative governor and juice defender.

Never seen that amount batt Life. Is it in the rom setup? If so I'm rooting asap.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Prbably not so smart ?s But I'll ask anyways...this is a "blurless" rom right? Is this rom deodexed(not like I know what the hec that is anyways...am attempting to d/l roms from RM and some of them say those terms..

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
I think I'm missing something, I can't open that file 01cpu in root explorer. Any ideas?

Once you locate the file (should have the police looking badge in front of a white sheet) long press the file to open a menu.

Then scroll down the menu and select "View as text" or "Open in Text Editor". The latter allows you to change it (if you dare). :)

millbean

Reaction score
Couldn't find the file either. But could we Droidx overclock app to change the governor? And should we use quick clock or just let the phone do its thing with no cpu scaling or profiles?

Reaction score
I think I'm missing something, I can't open that file 01cpu in root explorer. Any ideas?

Once you locate the file (should have the police looking badge in front of a white sheet) long press the file to open a menu.

Then scroll down the menu and select "View as text" or "Open in Text Editor". The latter allows you to change it (if you dare). :)

NICE! Thanks OnMy2ndGP! Going for reboot and see if interactive is enabled...:icon_ banana:

Reaction score

NICE! Thanks OnMy2ndGP! Going for reboot and see if interactive is enabled...:icon_ banana:

it was set to interactive then once quickclock loaded it went back to ondemand...checked the file and its still enabled.

Reaction score
Couldn't find the file either. But could we Droidx overclock app to change the governor? And should we use quick clock or just let the phone do its thing with no cpu scaling or profiles?

The file is located in /system/etc/init.d/01cpu

Sent from my Rubix'd DROIDX using DroidForums App

N

Nickchapa

Downloads stil now working can someone put it somewhere else????

sk8

Reaction score
Okay friends, I'm going to install this rom when I get off work. This will be my first! What should I expect? Anything to look out for? Im rooted. Any tips? Patches or fixes for this rom? Maybe this will improve my battery life too? Right now with the motorola extended batt @ 9 hours im at 30%. Not sure if that's good, decent or average?
TIA,
Mj
Rooting is important to start but what is more important before you do anything else is download bootstrap/clockwork from the market and make a backup if you haven't already.
Find a guide for all things droid x and read read read until you understand the process you will be doing. Get a feel for the order in which you will do thing.
Backup stock system. Rename it to stock. Find a rom you like that is compatable with you phone. Make sure you wipe cache and data before flashing a new rom. Once your new rom is flashed make a backup before you change anything. Rename the flashed rom.Find a theme that works with your new rom (double check it works) make another backup of your new rom. So you have a stock new rom and a themed rom. This will be useful when you flash new stuff that doesn't work.
Take yourtime understand what your doing , read read read and ask questions if your reading doesn't yield a suitable answer.
Now you have the process down in your head, read again for good measure and give flashing a rom a try.
Make sure you have clockwork, made a backup and did I say read?

sent from a sweet paper weight.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Place your phone in "sbfl " mode (power button+down volume button and camera key, all simultaneously and you'll be in sbf mode. If boot loader shows 30.0 or 30.4 you're safe and no bricking will occur!

Sorry guys I am having a n00b moment....

I am currently on Rubix 1.9.7, but Android version 2.2.1. Now I am fairly certain that 2.3.340 OTA is not shown under Android version in the About phone section, however, I cannot seem to find it. I am not wanting to brick this phone, but I am fairly certain that I am on the correct build as I have had all Rubix roms up to 1.9.7. Can anyone give me peace of mind before I flash this?

Baseband version:
BP_C_01.09.07P
Kernel version:
2.6.32.9-g55626e1
w30471@il93lnxdroid08#1

That is the baseband and kernel for 340 so looks good. If you are in doubt for future upgrade look for the full 2.3.340 sbf file on xda to return to stock or use the maderstcok340.zip that can be flashed like a rom in clockwork.

DROID X, Miracle of TRU Smartphone Science!

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Drod, I have a serious Issue w/this SIMPLY AMAZING Rom:( My custom ringtone app (Ringo Lite) and in Ringtone Randomizer ,a duplicate of the Ringtone that I chose not to use is then selected. I really don't think you can do anything w/this but I just wanna throw it out there..All other roms have no issues w/these apps..This is a Tru Bummer for me as I SERIOUSLY LOVED this ROM SINCE install..Especially the QC app (EXCEPTIONAL APP)

JamieX

Reaction score
I am just wondering if I still need to install the "remove throttleing" for version 2.0.

Should my instalation method be RubiX 2.0, Patch, Throttle, Theme, then fix the gov with root tools to auto boot interactive?

sk8

Reaction score
I am just wondering if I still need to install the "remove throttleing" for version 2.0.

Should my instalation method be RubiX 2.0, Patch, Throttle, Theme, then fix the gov with root tools to auto boot interactive?

That sounds good. You still need to use the remove throttle. Link posted on the first page.
To access the new governors open a terminal su and gov -inter, gov -ondemand and so forth.

sent from a sweet paper weight.