RSD lite not seeing phone

GTvert90

Reaction score
I'm putting this here as I know this section has a ton of traffic :) and I need to SBF upgrade for new rubix. There is another thread in the help section and I think 2 threads is a no no so hopefully someone will lock it. TIA

You feeling a little extra helpful this fine sunday?

For the life of me I can't get RSD to detect my phone. I know its something little i'm over looking and that is what irritates me. lol

I'm trying on windows 7 and it says installed moto flash drivers successful. Start up RSD regularly and it doesn't see the phone or the SBF file. Start it up in compaitiblilty mode (xp sp2) and it sees the SBF file but not the phone. The phone is booted into boot loader.

Does RSD 4.8 lite need a patch like 4.7? I even tried 4.7 and couldn't get it to work.

I tried on my XP computer too with no dice.

Any help would be great.

First I'm trying to flash the 2.3.15 sbf on the old X i have to send to verizon with the 30.03 bootloader

Then I'll need to SBF my current one so I can upgrade rubix.

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm putting this here as I know this section has a ton of traffic :) and I need to SBF upgrade for new rubix. There is another thread in the help section and I think 2 threads is a no no so hopefully someone will lock it. TIA

For the life of me I can't get RSD to detect my phone. I know its something little i'm over looking and that is what irritates me. lol

I'm trying on windows 7 and it says installed moto flash drivers successful. Start up RSD regularly and it doesn't see the phone or the SBF file. Start it up in compaitiblilty mode (xp sp2) and it sees the SBF file but not the phone. The phone is booted into boot loader.

Does RSD 4.8 lite need a patch like 4.7? I even tried 4.7 and couldn't get it to work.

Any help would be great.

First I'm trying to flash the 2.3.15 sbf on the old X i have to send to verizon with the 30.03 bootloader

Thanks!

Did you remember to put the phone on PC Mode in the pull down window?

Reaction score

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

post #9
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ode-windows-media-sync-connection-issues.html

worked for me many of times...sbf and I are old friends...

OP
G

GTvert90

Reaction score

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

I have to do that to install the drivers? or before I shut off and boot into the bootloader?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

I have to do that to install the drivers? or before I shut off and boot into the bootloader?
As I remember doing it I installed the drivers as soon as I got them. Then the instructions I had was to put the phone on PC Mode, so I did.

I think that's how RSD Lite sees the phone.

Reaction score
PC mode will install the drivers I believe
you don't need to boot into the bootloader though, rsdlite will put you into it when you start the sbf
I would uninstall everything on your computer EDIT: uninstall everything moto related...
follow the post i made above and install rsd and the right drivers
plug in the phone
go into rsd mode
it should find the device
browse to the sbf
hit start

OP
G

GTvert90

Reaction score
PC mode will install the drivers I believe
you don't need to boot into the bootloader though, rsdlite will put you into it when you start the sbf
I would uninstall everything on your computer EDIT: uninstall everything moto related...
follow the post i made above and install rsd and the right drivers
plug in the phone
go into rsd mode
it should find the device
browse to the sbf
hit start

I'm trying this as we speak.

Does RSDlite 4.8 need any patch like 4.7? Can I used the 2.3.15 sbf with rsd 4.8? Either way it should see my phone right?

EDIT: usb debug on or off? or does it not matter in pc mode?

Reaction score
i have debug on all the time anyway...not sure if it really matters in PC mode
I believe 4.7 is for .15 and 4.8 is for everything after that...but i could be wrong about that...
i'd check that you have the right version of rsd for the sbf you are using before you proceed

OP
G

GTvert90

Reaction score
I have the right versions to match the SBF.

Still doesn't show on my W7 laptop. I'm gonna get off my ass and try on my XP desktop

OP
G

GTvert90

Reaction score
RSDlite what?

Once I realized Linux was caps sensitive and put my self in the right directory it went off without a hitch.

Tanium

Reaction score
Just wanted to reply.
Because I see so many post saying RSD wont see the phone.

I have had the chance to use RSD lite 4.8 on 2 droid x.
My friends and mine.
Ok mine, Rsd Lite puts it into the window as soon as I plug it in.
My friends, It will not no matter what unless we reboot the phone.
We reboot the phone plug it in, Put on Pc mode.
hour glass spins on Rsd Lite, Phone pops into the device window.

So for some reason , some phones must be on a fresh reboot for RSD to see it.
Strange but true.
Later

XDRDX

Reaction score
Have you guys tried setting RSD Lite to First Come First Serve instead of Automatic because that made mine show up right away.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App