Router to connect to hotspot

dave52355

Reaction score
I'm looking for a router that can connect to my Bionics hotspot. My rural slow speed broadband is costing me over $100 a month. Even in 3G my phone is faster. I have the grandfathered unlimited data and hotspot and would like to make use of it. Also some of my devices are not wireless hence the need for the router.

Is there any such beast?

Thanks

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can't connect a router to a phone. You can purchase wireless adapters to connect any laptop or desktop to a hotspot

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
There are ways to do that, you need to flash different firmware to your router and set it up as a client or a repeater depending on your exact model. I'm sure Google could get you more info...

OP
D

dave52355

Reaction score
I'll have to do some experamenting, I have an old WRT54G somewhere I can throw DDWRTR on, also somewhere around here I've got a couple Netgear wireless print servers with 4 port switch that might do the trick.

Thanks for the replies.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
LinkSys has a small, protable router that I plugged my air card into and set up a home WiFi hot spot. I bet you could plug your phone via usb into the router and use it the same way I used my Air Card.