Rooting my original droid

BigReyn

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I'm new to the forum, but I've had my Droid for a while. I'm interested in rooting my phone. will the Z4 work with the 2.2.1 frg83d version or what should I use. I'm looking for the simplest, safest way to do this. Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Good morning everyone. I'm new to the forum, but I've had my Droid for a while. I'm interested in rooting my phone. will the Z4 work with the 2.2.1 frg83d version or what should I use. I'm looking for the simplest, safest way to do this. Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

First off, welcome to the Forums!

In this case, simple isn't always the BEST way. While many of the "one-click" root things work, I've read many threads in the "help" section where people seem to lose root access after installing certain things.

IMO For the BEST way to do it, use one of the methods where you install a recovery & root. MotoCache1 has a very good walk thru which at first glance can seem a little daunting, but if you read through it, you will see he is very detailed and complete and makes it easy. And best of all, it leaves your phone intact - just adds root & recovery without wiping your phone. Rooting the Droid 1 - regardless of OS version
And this will be guaranteed to "stick".

The other advantage to using this method is you get familiar with RSDLite, which if you are like others here, will help you when you get bit by the ROM bug and want to tweak things a little more. It can save you if things don't well with an install down the road.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Welcome to the forum.
+1 for Motocache1's guide. Be sure to read through it before attempting. If you have any questions along the way, just ask.