FNG with a Droid

sdbcivic

Reaction score
been on this forum for a bit but just getting around to posting anything!

i have the first droid A855 , it was rooted with z4root but now i got an update 2.2.1 FRG83D and it wiped out my root access so i have to root the hard way. time to read and learn!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Motocache1's guide is the best I've found and VERY informative! I can link it if need be...

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
S

sdbcivic

Reaction score
Motocache1's guide is the best I've found and VERY informative! I can link it if need be...

DroidForums junkie!!

any links needed will be helpful. im trying to read up on everything before asking a ton of questions. im definatley a total noob so i have a lot to learn.

thanks for the welcome guys!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Canadroid

Reaction score
If only I could retain my 'FNG' badge around the office at work indefinitely, life would be good!

Welcome to the forums bud, more OG D1 users are always appreciated!

If you are into the Honda's, that app Torque works well with the cheap OBD2 bluetooth adapters, mine paired and fired up without a problem on a 96 Cpe. dancedroid

OP
S

sdbcivic

Reaction score
dang man i built 92-95 civics for years. had about 12-14 civics mostly hatches but a couple of coupes. my fastest one was a coupe i turboed. i used a vafc piggyback but i wish i would have had these tools then! now i just have a 94 4dr beater and an 82 civic hatch beater nothing at all done to either.

Canadroid

Reaction score
dang man i built 92-95 civics for years. had about 12-14 civics mostly hatches but a couple of coupes. my fastest one was a coupe i turboed. i used a vafc piggyback but i wish i would have had these tools then! now i just have a 94 4dr beater and an 82 civic hatch beater nothing at all done to either.

Yeah no kidding--most shops have teams fighting over the nice OBD scan equipment cause there's only one and it was $1500 eh? LOL, times have changed.

I love the EG's too but my glory days are also long over. I take more pride now in the longevity of my daily diver EK with a $50 junkyard motor than my tarped up baby anymore. :wink: