rooting help

Scott B

Reaction score
I see that there are diff rom nods but how do I know which one to use and how would I do it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just check out the ROM sections, you flash ROMs and themes in bootstrap, follow the how to I posted earlier in the thread. The hottest ROM at the moment is Liberty 1.5

PancakeOfDoom

Reaction score
i sideloaded z4 onto my sd card because it isn't in the market, turned usb debug on, hit root, and when the phone restarted it won't get past the moto logo, if i hit the home button etc it will ask for voice commands, etc, it vibrates here and there depending on the button pressed, but the moto logo is locked on, i tried pulling the battery to no avail

edit: nvm, i don't know how many times i tried to get it to work w/ battery pulls etc, just came on again after pulling the battery for 5 minutes, then pluggin it into the charger, and giving the power button a tap. *whew* woulda died if i killed my phone after having it for 8 hours

double edit: GGGGRRRRRRRRR, installed bootstrap, reboot, now it won't work again past the moto logo, c'mon man

triple edit: pulled the battery twice, plugged back into charger and it restarted without me pressing a single button, what the hell...

Last edited:

hey_moe

Reaction score
As you can see this is my first post...lol. I am not understanding something here. After you root your phone using z4root 1.3.0. What are the next step for making this able to connect to a Ipad so I can use the droid to connect to the internet.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
getting a tether app like wireless tether or barnacle from the market

Scott B

Reaction score
Pancake - Im not sure what is causing your problem, it sounds like you did yours the way i did mine except i downloaded z4 on my pc and used an app installer to run it on my phone. as far as the bootstrap, it took me multiole tries to get it to work as well. I look forward to hearing how you solve your problem.

Hey moe - You need to download a wireless tether for root app. I got mine from the market but if its no longer available use edited by moderator to get it. Just make sure you use the one that is designed for already rooted devices! Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please remember everyone, discussion of pirated apps or their sites is not allowed in the Droid Forums.

hey_moe

Reaction score
Right now I am installing that z4root1.3.0...if I screw da wife's phone up I be dead poo poo....lol. I brought her a Ipad and we both have that verizon data plan. I can't see paying for a third data plan just for the Ipad.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can't really screw it up with root, it's what you do once you have root that can screw it up

Scott B

Reaction score
What programs are needed to create themes if I mod the rom

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
developers put out themes for specific ROMs so you can just load one of those in bootstrap, you can use ninjamorph to make your own theme

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! Just started using Ninjamorph myself...its awesome!!

developers put out themes for specific ROMs so you can just load one of those in bootstrap, you can use ninjamorph to make your own theme

DroidForums Junkie!!