Rooting for my bro..

DroidJ

Reaction score
I've been showing off my Droid 1 to my bro and he loves the eye candy and the speed of my phone and wants it on his Droid 2. I don't know a lot about the D2 and I want to root his phone for him. He's on 2.2 and I don't know if system version matters but here it is Version 2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US. What is the easiest way of rooting a D2 and if I brick his phone, it is not gonna be pretty haha. Thanks in advance

OP
DroidJ

DroidJ

Reaction score
is that the only thing i need?

dbst

Reaction score
That's all you need to root but you'll need Koush's D2 bootstrap to flash clockwork recovery if you want to flash roms. I would recommend reading the D2 hacking class thread for more info

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yessir! It won't brick anything (not even a chance), so don't worry. Its what people do AFTER rooting that has them ending up with a $500+ paperweight. Once you root, make a backup before doing anything else...including removing bloatware.

DroidForums Junkie!!

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Rsd is a pc program moto uses to flash the phone. We use it to flash sbf's. But z4root is an app that permanently roots the phone so you wont need anything else....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
my #1 question is how old is your brother? and is he going to be messing with it like looking around and launching bootstrap and all that? bc my sister wants me to root hers but thats not happening bc I know as soon as I do she will be messing with it and a good chance of briking it (trying to figure out what it can do) like she did her Ipod touch when I jailbroke it last yr (took me 4hrs to figure out what she did on that dang thing)

OP
DroidJ

DroidJ

Reaction score
my #1 question is how old is your brother? and is he going to be messing with it like looking around and launching bootstrap and all that? bc my sister wants me to root hers but thats not happening bc I know as soon as I do she will be messing with it and a good chance of briking it (trying to figure out what it can do) like she did her Ipod touch when I jailbroke it last yr (took me 4hrs to figure out what she did on that dang thing)
he's 18, i'm 14, i've mentioned if he screws around with bootstrap then he'll brick his phone. hahaha sorry about that story

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yea it sucked a pretty big 1 lol....but yea if he stays out of that then he should be good just about everything else can be solved with a sbf

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! USB Debugging must be enabled as well. Don't start uninstalling anything until you've made a backup in Clockworkmod recovery using Bootstrap though. Even so, I'd stick to renaming or freezing vs uninstalling though.

I got it Z4root. How do I do it?

Just open it and choose the root option, if it doesn't work the first time reboot and try it again

DroidForums Junkie!!