Rooting droid x.

Reaction score
Im wanting to root my droid x. The only problem is that I have a mac. I need the best rooting tool and best video how to or whatever. Also do you loose all your data on your droid when you root it? And is it true once you root ur phone you can un-root it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

detox

Reaction score
Use Z4 its works it's a 1 click solution no comp required.

Will this root the device just like you do the other way? With the computer? Also any answers to my other questions?

You can find it here. Copy apk to root of sd card. Find file on sd card and click. Choose install. After you install open app and run. If it doesn't work after a minute ir two you may have to reboot and try again

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

detoXatappin on my X

detox

Reaction score
And yes it is the same as rooting through pc.

Make sure you choose permanent root. You can also unroot with this app

detoXatappin on my X

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score
Okay call me dumb or stupid or whatever. How will I know if my device id rooted properly. Or rooted in general?

superkeest

Reaction score
install a root app from the market:
titanium backup
rom manager
root explorer
ect

detox

Reaction score
Okay call me dumb or stupid or whatever. How will I know if my device id rooted properly. Or rooted in general?

Download terminal emulator from the market. Type in "su" and hit next on your keyboard. You should get a prompt to allow superuser permission. Click allow always and then you should see a # sign in you emulator

detoXatappin on my X

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score

Download terminal emulator from the market. Type in "su" and hit next on your keyboard. You should get a prompt to allow superuser permission. Click allow always and then you should see a # sign in you emulator

detoXatappin on my X

im confsued with this one ...

detox

Reaction score

detoXatappin on my X

im confsued with this one ...

Lol sorry. Just download a root app and try to run it. Choose something like drocap2(it takes pictures of your screens) or on of the above mentioned apps. It should prompt you with a superuser permissions. Click allow always. If you get this prompt you are successfully rooted

detoXatappin on my X

Hawkerpilot05

Reaction score
Use Z4 its works it's a 1 click solution no comp required.

Will this root the device just like you do the other way? With the computer? Also any answers to my other questions?

You can find it here. Copy apk to root of sd card. Find file on sd card and click. Choose install. After you install open app and run. If it doesn't work after a minute ir two you may have to reboot and try again

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

detoXatappin on my X

According to post 1552 of this thread, it will no longer work if you have version 2.2.1.

[APP] z4root - Page 156 - xda-developers

detox

Reaction score

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

detoXatappin on my X

According to post 1552 of this thread, it will no longer work if you have version 2.2.1.

[APP] z4root - Page 156 - xda-developers

Works for me and im on 2.2.1

detoXatappin on my X