Rooting Droid X 2.3.3 with 4.5.605

thub2431

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have done a lot of looking around and am still a bit confused with this matter. I have a fully stock, never rooted, DX that I am wanting to root running GB 2.3.3 on the .605 OTA. I have been told, and researched, to use pete's one click root D3 method and also been told to get the 1kds Linux sbf. My concern is that with using the root method mentioned I have also tried searching for a 1kds Linux sbf that is for the .605 with no luck, I can find it for the .602 and earlier versions, but if I am on .605, root it, and need to sbf will I have to use different process to root from the .602 OTA? If im not mistaken the only "fix" on the .605 from .602 was the keyboard issue, but I would rather get all my concerns out of the way before starting this process. Thanx for anyone who can help point me in the right direction.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I do not think there is a .605 one available yet. But the root method for .602 and .605 are the same.

I have used Pete's on both multiple times successfully.

rmurph36

Reaction score
i can help you

I know exactly what you are going through. I can help you with this situation no problem just send me an email to, which I will include in a private message, and I will give you step by step instructions on how yo root your new dx without any problems or headaches

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
rmurph36. I removed your email from the post for your own privacy reasons. Just send the user a private message with it if you would like to help them. And thank you for offering to help, we appreciate when people reach out to help others on the site.