Rooting Dinc2 with 2.2.1

ABQNM

Reaction score
I forgot about that maintenance update in December. I did the restore on my friend's phone before xmas, so I probably did it before the update got rolled out.

I didn't get a chance to restore mine today, but it sounds like you got the correct reason. I think I will keep it rooted until I sell it as I will probably offer it either stock or rooted. Don't want to have to root it again if someone wants it rooted.

Have fun with the new toy. I am loving mine. Few annoyances but I have yet to find a completely perfect device.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Someone needs to get the 2.3.4 update (before December's update), so it's easier to Unroot and revert. LOTS of people are gonna be running into this problem if they don't pull the 2.3.4 original from September, some how. The guy said I'm the third person he's talked to with the problem.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I just thought of something... I remember hearing about this from a different verizon htc, but not sure which one... Not guaranteed to work, but since it is the multiple update issue and you need the older one, this may work. It is as simple as resetting the date to back in October (between the two updates) and reboot the phone. Go check the date again to make sure it stuck and then go try the update. Don't know if this will work here, as they could have pulled it from the update path or something like that. Worth a shot. I am also trying to track down a copy of the signed update that can be flashed in hboot, but not sure if I will find it.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Shoot. Didn't mention. They're sending me a replacement. lol. At first, They said no because it was a software problem, and they said HTC would Never approve it. and then he stupidly gave me HTC's Phone number for CS, and the guy said that since my phone is LESS than 6 months old, I qualify under my 12 month warranty to get a replacement lol. so I had to call back, and the new tech agreed. said he had no idea why i was denied the first time.

So yeah. Got a replacement coming. BUT! Go ahead and try and find it, so I can flash it to 2.3.4, Just in case they accuse me of breaking it.

How do you go abouts changing the date?

ABQNM

Reaction score
The phones don't even go back to HTC lol. Verizon sends them to a company called New Breed that refurbishes them. Even the in warranty ones. They get credit from HTC for the ones in warranty.

Anyhow if I find the update I will let you know. It will make it easier to put mine back stock if I need to anyhow.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

ABQNM

Reaction score
In the settings. I don't remember the exact name of the menu option as it has been a while since I used sense. It should say something about date or date and time.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.