Rooting Dinc2 with 2.2.1

GreenAcid

Reaction score
BTW - If I go into recovery, it tries to update, and then Red triangles out. Normal?

ABQNM

Reaction score
Do you still have a PG32IMG.zip on the SD card?

GreenAcid

Reaction score
No. I do not. Deleted it long time ago. And did a factory reset of my card when I factory reset. I Went to recovery to Wipe cache like someone suggested, and it came up to update, and then red triangled on me. and I had to do Up and power, it kept saying "Failed can't open E" and then finally went into Recovery

ABQNM

Reaction score
When you boot to hboot, it gives you the options to choose fastboot, recovery, factory reset... etc right? You go to recovery and it tries to update something? There shouldn't be anything unless it partially downloaded the update on its own and it didn't finish.

Try the factory reset option from hboot once more and then boot the phone. Don't manually check for the update. Let the phone run for a few hours and see if it pops up on its own. It may be trying to download it already when you checked for the update and that somehow caused it to fail. If it hasn't after a few hours, then try it manually again.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Oh. I didn't factory reset from Recovery. Should I have? I did it from inside the phone settings

ABQNM

Reaction score
Try it from the fastboot screen. It should do the same thing, but I have head of instances where the one in the settings menu did not completely wipe it.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
E: can't open /data/cwpkg.zip
E: can't open /data/cw/prop
E: can't open /data/cwpkg.zip
E: can't open /data/cw/prop
Formatting /cache

Data wipe complete

Not sure if that's normal.
while trying to factory reset from Recovery

ABQNM

Reaction score
You don't still have the phone connected to your PC, do you?

ABQNM

Reaction score
Yeah. If connected to the PC some partitions are not available to the phone to wipe. You may still get those errors though. iirc there are few that are normal.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
crap. because I Wiped it both times while connected to the PC. ugh. let me do it again.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
This time i noticed there's no actual bar that comes up while it says "Updating software from VZW"...it just says it, then Red triangles

GreenAcid

Reaction score
sigh. Still said those errors after I did it.

Gonna give it a few hours and see if the update comes in on its own. Post back here if you run into "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE" so i can call verizon in the morning.

Thank you for all your help. I hope i get to 2.3.4 soon and the updater working, so I can sell it and the person doesn't try and back ball me and say it won't update lol.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Wanted to post back. Didn't work. 24 hours later, no update. Verizon said they have to "Push me" the 2.3.4 update, because The phone is trying to find 2.3.4 to update to the one that came out in December. and it could take 24 hours to 2 weeks. *shrug*. Least I got a Nexus.