Rooting Dinc2 with 2.2.1

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Okay, Just got into 2.3.3, Deleted PG32IMG, and hit factory reset..

right now it says Updating Software from Verizon Wireless. with the Green circle arrows that you see if you do Recovery..

Please god tell me I did this right lol..

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I didn't see the green updating thing last time, when I did this. so I'm assuming this finally came through for me.

ABQNM

Reaction score
That is what it should do. You should be set from here.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Okay hang tight. activating. and then I'll tell you if i get an Error again from trying to Update.

seriously wanna give you a hug right now haha. omg..

ABQNM

Reaction score
lol I almost ignored you after that post that made me a bit mad, but I am a nice guy and I decided to help anyhow because I enjoy it.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Okay, I hit Check New, and nothing happens?
Sometimes the update can take a while to populate in the update screen. If you are not getting the service unavailable message, I would give it a day and likely you will get notified by a popup, but you can check manually too.

ABQNM

Reaction score
OK well you are stock and unrooted with s-on where you need to be to get the update. It is possible that the service unavailable message is that the update service is actually down. The iincredible 2 I have right now has CM7 on it so I can't test to see.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Yeah. still getting Service Unavailable. the OTA Device Manager pops up and says "Checking" then Service Unavailable.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Even if it had downloaded before the update would not have installed without going through the bootloader downgrade and s-on steps. So these steps were essential. Don't feel you wasted your time by doing this as it wasn't fully unrooted by Ginger Unroot. Give it a try again before you activate your new Nexus when it comes and see if it downloads.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I did it fine a few days ago on a friend's phone. I have a Nexus as well, so I can really do whatever with this Incredible, so maybe later today I can restore it and see if it updates. I need to do it anyway if I decide to sell it. I would just try it again later and see if it works. If you get it to work, post back here so I don't have to do it. Otherwise if I can get to it later I will post back if I am getting the same message so you know if it is a server issue or your phone.