Rooting After Latest OTA Update

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you gotten you phone to boot yet? Or is it still stuck between the White HTC screen and Black screen?

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Before that recap for me exactly what you have flashed. I know you flashed the GB Rom and then had no signal because you needed to flash the GB radio. Which radio did you flash and how did you do it. And once you did that has it ever booted correctly or have you been stuck since.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I want to get a good idea on where you are before I give you instructions to try to help get you fixed up.

OP
L

LtCenturio

Reaction score
Before that recap for me exactly what you have flashed. I know you flashed the GB Rom and then had no signal because you needed to flash the GB radio. Which radio did you flash and how did you do it. And once you did that has it ever booted correctly or have you been stuck since.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I want to get a good idea on where you are before I give you instructions to try to help get you fixed up.

I flashed the MR2 radio via bootloader. It's never booted correctly at one point I had it almost but no signal then things went downhill from there.

So I wipped everything again and reflashed the rom then radio and now I'm stuck between these two screens.

When I go to bootloader it keeps asking to upgrade every time and when it's time to reboot it takes me back to the white and black screen again

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Give me a min. To get back to desk and I will be right with you.

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The reason it keeps asking you to flash the radio is that the PG05IMG.zip file is still on your sd card. If you have a way to get your sd card connected to your computer (either with a reader or older phone) I would put the latest OTA update on the card, then go back to the phone and boot into clockwork and flash that (make sure to wipe everything prior to flashing) and then get the radio that goes with that update and flash via hboot. Once you do that you should be good to go and can load any of the GB roms without having to reload the radio. You can find info on the OTA for rooted users here:
Information on 7/8 OTA for non-rooted and rooted users (including links)

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
BTW....don't forget to delete the PG05IMG.zip file off the sd card when you get it connected or you won't be able to boot into clockwork manually.

OP
L

LtCenturio

Reaction score
thanks, I thought that's prob what it was, let me see if I can get that then I'll let you know if something else changes

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good luck, I'll be leaving work in about 20 mins and won't be able to get on after that probably, but I'll check in tomorrow and hopefully see that you are back up and running. If you run into a major snag pm me and I'll try to get someone over here to help you out.

OP
L

LtCenturio

Reaction score
so it didn't work, the radio from the ota and the one from the program are the same. I might just switch and see how bamf is. LGS is too much hassle for now.

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok. If all else fails to get you up and running. Download the final RUU file used in the rooting process and install that from hboot. That will get you up and running.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you aren't sure what file I'm referring to above let me know and I'll send you a link to it. This will get the phone working again. Then you will need to upgrade to the latest OTA as suggested above, then you will be ready to flash whatever Rom you choose.