Rooting After Latest OTA Update

LtCenturio

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I have a stock TB with the newest 2.2.1 OTA.

My question is this, I saw the previous rooting instructions pre OTA updates, even the one click rooting link as well, but what are/ where are instructions for rooting post update.

Thank you in advance dancedroid

kookk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the most popular videos on YouTube root after update. It did mine with no problem. I can link it as soon as I get to a computer because I'm lazy :p

Sent from my ThunderBolt using DroidForums

OP
L

LtCenturio

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the most popular videos on YouTube root after update. It did mine with no problem. I can link it as soon as I get to a computer because I'm lazy :p

Sent from my ThunderBolt using DroidForums

lol thanks man

turdbogls

Reaction score
using the auto root method (on androidcentral.com) works after the latest OTA. you are just going to be on the MR1 system when finished. so to get where you are now, you will have to flash the MR2 radio and the MR2 ROM. or just go completely custom and get 2.3.4, sense 3.0, or completely stock android (no sense) with CM7 or OMGB.

Reaction score
I'm not all that tech savy when it comes to smart phones. But I have to ask. What's the plus with rooting the thunderbolt besides getting rid of apps. I don't know much about gingerbread and since 3.0. What exactly do they do. A little help please. I've looked on the forum's and haven't found anything I understand.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
L

LtCenturio

Reaction score
using the auto root method (on androidcentral.com) works after the latest OTA. you are just going to be on the MR1 system when finished. so to get where you are now, you will have to flash the MR2 radio and the MR2 ROM. or just go completely custom and get 2.3.4, sense 3.0, or completely stock android (no sense) with CM7 or OMGB.

Yea I planned on going custom with 2.3.4 and sense 3.0

xashaffer

Reaction score
If you want a good Gingerbread ROM with Sense 3.0 try Liquid Gingersense 1.6. The 1.6 version just came out on Sunday. Liquid has been making ROMs since the D1.

OP
L

LtCenturio

Reaction score
If you want a good Gingerbread ROM with Sense 3.0 try Liquid Gingersense 1.6. The 1.6 version just came out on Sunday. Liquid has been making ROMs since the D1.

I'll check that out. Thanks

OP
L

LtCenturio

Reaction score
OP
L

LtCenturio

Reaction score
Ok I have one more question. I've flashed LGS v 1.6 but after I get to the home screen on my phone there is no signal.

What am I missing? Thank you

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
might have to flash a new radio. if its a gingerbread rom then you must flash a new radio. sry not with the room you flashed. hope this helps.

bamf'd.......

OP
L

LtCenturio

Reaction score
Update!

So I reflashed the rom and radio so now we're good to go, only problem is that my phone keeps going from the White HTC screen to black screen and blinking back and forth. What does this mean?

OP
L

LtCenturio

Reaction score
Also, thanks to everyone for the help so far, now ready to figure out this last little error then I'm good to go!