rooting advantages?

jackBruce

Reaction score
What are the advantages, specifically? My friend, who is good at this stuff, claims that his galaxy s battery life went from lousy to days after he rooted. How difficult would it be for a novice like myself? What's the best and safest method? Should i wait till after the JB update? Thanks, for helping

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please, someone answer jack, I am ready to take the plunge (my Razr went out of warranty last month).

TiggerGrrr

Reaction score
Rooting Advatages

Hello Jack.

My Droid X phone has been rooted for over a year. I originally rooted it to tether. Along with that advantage, my phone does run faster, has longer battery life and is not slowed down with unnecessary crap that the manufacturer and service provider wants on your phone for their gains.

There have been times I messed around with the phone and caused myself some problems. I did not know jack diddly about rooting when I started this process. I know what not to do and leave that to the professionals in this forum who more than capable and willing to help.

I suggest you read in this forum for a few days. It's kinda like karate kid in here. A lot of your questions have already been handled. To answer your question about rooting right now? I would read. You and I do not have the expertise to fix at the beginning of the process. At least I didn't. I spent hours reinstalling back to the beginning in order to keep the phone running.

Good luck.