What is your favorite Android UI?

Nibbz

Reaction score
This is a simple discussion thread. What is your favorite way to experience Android?

Stock
Sense
Motoblur
Touchwiz (Galaxy S)

State what you like the best and why as well as what you don't like about any of the other UIs.

I think Stock is so bland its ridiculous, with 2.1 on Droid it's completely unattractive and difficult for a novice to set up an attractive phone.

Sense UI is perfect right out of the box. Very user friendly plenty of widgets. (I've spent so much money on widgets to make my experience on my Droid as Sense like as possible.

Motoblur, the original motoblur sucks. The new motoblur is ok. It's minimalistic approach is nice, but a full dock lie the sense dock would have been nice. The widgets are improved with blur on the X and D2. Motoblur is growing up and is starting to look like a good alternative to Sense.

I haven't played with any Galaxy S phones yet so I can't comment on their the Touchwiz UI although i will say it is very attractive and video reviews have shown me it is very user friendly similarly to Sense

Overall imo Sense is the best UI for Android. It is a top of the line smartphone out of the box ready to go. Even my brother's Eris I really enjoy messing with just because of Sense.

Stock sucks but by downloading Launcher Pro with it and downloading and buying various widgets, it can get to be a very good UI, but out of the box it is bland, unattractive, and difficult to set up for novices.

So there's my thoughts on the various Android UIs, I hope to see thought out responses. dancedroid

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Personally, i like some of the flashyness of some of the UIs however I think that stock is the best because its just plain Android. I also heard that its hard for Android updates on phones with added UIs because they then have to update their UI. Plus Stock is the way to go, its simple, let the flashy stuff be done by market widgets and launchers...

Stock is best. (but with Luna Theme wink wink)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i got the X and motoblur is annoying. Stock for me (well, like icculux said, with a little tinkering ;) )

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stock sucks but by downloading Launcher Pro with it and downloading and buying various widgets, it can get to be a very good UI
This :icon_ banana:
Now that I have Launcher Pro. Don't miss it.

I really love the Incredible but shorter battery life and direct sunlight viewing (or lack there of) made me get the X. But no custom ROMs for me :(

Droidfish

Reaction score
My favorite is the stock experience with darkedge ui on top.

otherwise

I like stock android except I wish that the launcher was more customizable, I like LauncherPro but I wish I could get LP features with stock launcher stablity.

Never been a fan of sense and my experience with blur has been pretty limited. Like mentioned above I just wish the phone companies would leave android alone.

OP
Nibbz

Nibbz

Reaction score
has anybody experienced the Galaxy S ui? Id like to hear how that is.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
has anybody experienced the Galaxy S ui? Id like to hear how that is.

ADW allows for some what of the galaxi ui, and you can download the galaxy theme, through them (adw) as well.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Favorite UI? I had to vote other....

Dark Edge : )