Moto G FTW - My Hearsay Review

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who is very much into cellphones, smartphones in particular. He and I can have a conversation for hours about the new technologies available and how it compares to the old, pixel count, Ram, gigahertz this, Android version that. We are flagship phone chasers. His latest phone is the GNote 3 (taking advantage of the Verizon glitch), and mine being the Moto X, taking advantage of the DF contest.

He mentioned that his girlfriend was in the market for a new phone. After buying two expensive cell phones last year, one being an iPhone that got stolen, and the other being a Galaxy S3 that broke they decided on an economical phone to save some money, and went with the Moto G.

He couldn't stop raving about the phone. She loves it, and it didn't break the bank.

I know DF mostly consists of power users, but for those of us who just need a basic smartphone with a great radio, from a reputable company, go for the Moto G.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The moto G superb battery life has much to do with the fact that it is not a LTE device as LTE is drain on battery. With that said, if you do not care about LTE or you work in an office or area where you always have access to wifi or a computer then the G is truly the way to go. Great bang for the buck literally.

NWKENT

Reaction score
I have a friend who is very much into cellphones, smartphones in particular. He and I can have a conversation for hours about the new technologies available and how it compares to the old, pixel count, Ram, gigahertz this, Android version that. We are flagship phone chasers. His latest phone is the GNote 3 (taking advantage of the Verizon glitch), and mine being the Moto X, taking advantage of the DF contest.

He mentioned that his girlfriend was in the market for a new phone. After buying two expensive cell phones last year, one being an iPhone that got stolen, and the other being a Galaxy S3 that broke they decided on an economical phone to save some money, and went with the Moto G.

He couldn't stop raving about the phone. She loves it, and it didn't break the bank.

I know DF mostly consists of power users, but for those of us who just need a basic smartphone with a great radio, from a reputable company, go for the Moto G.

+1

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G

Darryl Bradshaw

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G xt1028
Hello NWKENT I wanted to ask you how you unlocked your Verizon Moto G bootloader will be much appreciated.

NWKENT

Reaction score
OK I've heard of that method but with it do custom Roms run on it?

Absolutely.. once bootloader unlocked, one can install custom ROM's

BUT..in order to unlock with the "Chinaman" procedure, the device MFG date must be somewhere between 01-15-2014 and 5-2014

The device must be MFG date in year 2014 in those date range..maybe newer but not sure of exact date..

Sent from my:
Jaocagomez Debloated ROM
4.4.4_21.11.21 (Unlocked)
XT1080M Droid Maxx #2
http://waynekent.com/page6.html
"Praise Jah" YOU people.!

Darryl Bradshaw

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G xt1028
Absolutely.. once bootloader unlocked, one can install custom ROM's

BUT..in order to unlock with the "Chinaman" procedure, the device MFG date must be somewhere between 01-15-2014 and 5-2014

The device must be MFG date in year 2014 in those date range..maybe newer but not sure of exact date..

Sent from my:
Jaocagomez Debloated ROM
XT1080M Droid Maxx #2
OK well I'm not sure what the MFG number is or where I can find it could you explain please.

NWKENT

Reaction score
OK well I'm not sure what the MFG number is or where I can find it could you explain please.

With device powered OFF..

Press and hold (Power) and (Volume-) buttons, at same time, hold for at least three seconds, release both buttons at same time, this puts the device in "bootloader" mode, scroll with (Volume-) button, to "barcodes"..press (Volume+) to select, MFG date at bottom of the screen..

Sent from my:
Jaocagomez Debloated ROM
XT1080M Droid Maxx #2