Moto G (2nd Gen) On Sale for Just $150 Unlocked at Amazon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-g-amazon-deal.jpeg

The most affordable global Android phone just got even cheaper, at least for the next 16 hours (starting at 10am CTD on Tuesday, December 9th). The second generation Moto G was already a very affordable unlocked device, but Amazon is having a sale on the phone for today only. You can get either the global GSM version or the US GSM version for a paltry $149.99 unlocked. That's $30 bucks off the regular price.

Here's a recap of the specs:
  • 5-inch Android phone
  • Snapdragon 400 quad-core chipset
  • 720p HD resolution
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 2,070mAh battery
  • 8 megapixel camera
  • Android 4.4 KitKat with guaranteed Android 5.0 Lollipop Upgrade
This could be the perfect stocking stuff for someone who doesn't need a fancy, high-end smartphone with all the bells & whistles. Here's the link to take advantage of this excellent offer: Amazon.com Motorola Moto G 2nd generation - Global GSM - Unlocked - 8GB Black Cell Phones Accessories

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
As an owner of the 1st gen LTE variant, I'm noticing for the first time that I don't think there's been mention of LTE on the 2nd gen. Or am I wrong?

-Matt

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Correct, 2nd gen no LTE
Well then that's kinda cool that the 2nd gen has sold reasonably well, or at least is well-liked. Seeing how much my 13-year-old uses her 1st gen LTE though, I wonder how she'd survive on 3G alone!

-Matt

ruvy01

Reaction score
Well then that's kinda cool that the 2nd gen has sold reasonably well, or at least is well-liked. Seeing how much my 13-year-old uses her 1st gen LTE though, I wonder how she'd survive on 3G alone!

-Matt
Yeah, I would wait for the LTE version, I'm sure they will be releasing an LTE version just like they did with the 1st gen.