Rooted RAZR "Contacts Storage" stopped working

Reaction score
So I rooted my phone yesterday and now when I try to do anything from my contacts, such as call or text, or anything else, it gives a "The application Contacts Storage (process com.motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and it tells me to force close it. I get it every time. I can still text someone or call someone by putting in their number in the new text or call, but not from the contact list.
I don't know if its related or not, but when I start my phone, it gives me a "The process com.motorola.home.other has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then it sits for a while and LauncherPro (which is what I use for my homescreen, and its the free version) stops responding, so I force close that, and then it pops up normally.
Any idea to what the problem is and how to fix it? Mainly for the contacts, the LauncherPro isn't that important, its more inconvenient, but if I can fix that too, that'd be great!
Thanks guys!

OP
Fallen_Phoenix
Reaction score
Well nevermind, I figured it out with some guessing and checking different things that I froze, turns out you need the yahoo contacts and mail for the contacts to work. Who'd have thought

SEColwell

Reaction score
Well nevermind, I figured it out with some guessing and checking different things that I froze, turns out you need the yahoo contacts and mail for the contacts to work. Who'd have thought

That should be it .....first device I rooted I removed yahoo contacts and it was a BIG mistake.....but when I reistalled it everything worked normal

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums

Redbeaver

Reaction score
That should be it .....first device I rooted I removed yahoo contacts and it was a BIG mistake.....but when I reistalled it everything worked normal

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums

Hello...

new user with same problems. Of course, in my case, i've uninstalled it. Yahoo Contacts and Yahoo Mail Auth, coz i dont have a yahoo account (who has these days?) and its only after that i understand Backup in TI Backup is not a real backup... just a backup of my settings. and so my Contacts broke.

anyhow, i found some files from this thread: Broke contacts app when uninstalling Yahoo - Android ForumsThat has all the files and i should just copy paste it to /systems/apps, change permission, and reboot, and it should work.

but it didnt.... (maybe its a Bionic and my phone is a RAZR?)(or maybe i cant change the ownership using ES File Explorer and refuse to pay $4 for Root Explorer for something that might not work)

now im floating by using Go Contacts, but its annoying when i forget and just use the default dialer, click on Contact details, and BOOM! crashed.

anybody can help me to re-installing the files?

THank you so much! :)

stanjhead

Reaction score
Thanks to the forum for the help! I too received the "Contacts Storage (process com.motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly, please try again" error message. This happened when I was freezing apps using Titanium Backup. This was from a list of so called apps safe to freeze. I defrosted Yahoo Contacts and Yahoo Mail Authenticator, and all is well again.:biggrin::biggrin:

slow_350z

Reaction score
How would i be able to reinstall those components for my contacts to work.... please help

shusa68

Reaction score
WTF?!?! I had the same problem; unfroze the yahoo mail & contacts and it's working again. Who would of thought that a Yahoo program would be essential on a GOOGLE/MOTOROLA phone? I guess the lesson here is; it's best to freeze the bloatware or what you think is, then uninstall it right off the bat.

reallyneatgirl

Reaction score
You have to keep all of those authenticators or you will get a contacts crash message. If you deleted rather than freezing.... fresh install for you. Sorry!

pescorilo

Reaction score
disable yahoo **** and also disable blurcontactsync. problem solved.
regards.