Rooted - Prep for OTA Ginger question...

Garandhero

Reaction score
I have my droid X rooted with z4 root. Whats the process for preparing/installing gingerbread OTA... do I need to hit the unroot button first to get the update or something.

I also froze some stuff with titanium does that need to be unfrozen?

can i re-root after OTA... ability to use free wifi hotspot is important to me.

Thanks in advance

belanova

Reaction score
apparently at the moment may not root until they find a solution and that if Verizon does not do things that make it harder to root, so if you want root is you better not do the update until they find a solution

Antob125

Reaction score
There is no root currently for the OTA update so of you wanna stay rooted get yourself a 595 GB tom till the OTA is rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
He is saying to get the .595 GB leak since it is already rooted because the OTA update is gonna take awhile to be rooted.

I am on .595 leak and I am not gonna get the OTA until it gets rooted and people have had it for a little while.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
ok yah I guess I'll just stay on 2.2. till 2.3 OTA is rooted.

But seriously, what do I need to get ready to get the OTA. Just unroot and thats it? Do I need to unfreeze the **** I froze or anything else?

Chimuel

Reaction score
ok yah I guess I'll just stay on 2.2. till 2.3 OTA is rooted.

But seriously, what do I need to get ready to get the OTA. Just unroot and thats it? Do I need to unfreeze the **** I froze or anything else?

You'd want your phone completely stock to avoid any issues... so unfreeze everything. If I were you I'd go up to 595... been running it for the past two weeks and it's really nice!