Rooted. Now what?

tstout

Reaction score
So I finally got my phone rooted but now I'm trying to figure out how to change icons and just customize it they way I want to but I have no clue how and have tried looking online but can't find anything to help me out. So can someone help me? Help is very appreciated btw too

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So I finally got my phone rooted but now I'm trying to figure out how to change icons and just customize it they way I want to but I have no clue how and have tried looking online but can't find anything to help me out. So can someone help me? Help is very appreciated btw too
Now that you are rooted you can try a couple of different ROMS and themes that are available. DoidRzr.com is a good place to go for several ROMS and themes that you might want to try out. This forum also has some ROM information under the Hacks page. You can also try a different launcher (although you don't need to be rooted to do that). I use ADW Launcher EX. ADW has a number (quite a few) themes and icon themes that you can install on your RAZR to give it a different look. I take it from your thread you're new to root. If that is the case I strongly recommend to go to the Hacks section and download Matt Groff's DroidUtility. It is a must for anyone with root and flashing ROMs and themes in my opinion. If something doesn't go right this utility can get you back up and running...seriously...get it. Good Luck.

mcsoul

Reaction score
You could also test "VPN anyconnect rooted" for me! I would be super happy if it works.
If it does not, try "entree pro". Of course I'm assuming you have someplace to vpn into LOL.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
For me all I've done is use Titanium backup and screen shots. I plan to freeze some bloatware but I'm happy with the stock ROM.
Everything works and for years I've heard how this or that ROM is the best thing since sliced bread, but oh yeah the camera doesn't work.
My device is fast, I have way too much software on it, but it's very stable. I'm starting to get good with Smart Actions, what could you want?

However, this kind of flexibility is what Android is about and I think they should have root or not as one of the choices in the settings menu.
I mean if root was built in and you got into trouble, a hard reset would set you back to stock and you're good to go.
Maybe this makes too much sense.