Rooted now what to do?

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, that's the problem with going ROMing on these encrypted bootloaders.

so just to know say if i want to try a new rom or theme what process will i have to go through in order to do that? and i thought all i had to do to go to stock was to install the nandroid backup then unroot with z4root...guess i thought wrong?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The nandroid might not get rid of the theme, but that's another method. I know things work a little differently with the D2 and X than they did with the D1.

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
darn i think im going to have to start a new thread on here and find out lol by the way i truly appreciate your help and input thank u

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To get back to stock all you have to do is restore that pre rom nandroid and unroot. Now if you want to flash a new rom or theme you can do it right over your current setup. A new rom will get rid of all signs of squidly but a new theme over the nextheme may leave a few pieces of that theme behind.

tappin and a talkin

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
oh ok so nandroid is a rom itself then? thats all i did if u have time to look u have helped me all the way from the start of this thread and im so very thankful for your patience and help im just semi new to all this stuff

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Restoring That nandroid should get you to the exact place you were when you made it so essentially yeah its like a stock rom.

tappin and a talkin

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
oh thats great to know i just read and see a lot of different things and hear so much info about rooting and unrooting i get overwhelmed and confused on what and what not to do.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Patience is what we do here. If we didn't have any we wouldn't have so many ulcers.

Err...

We're nice folks. We really don't mind helping. :)

Hey, spazz, off topic but it saves me a PM. How do you get stock recovery on a D2 someone "accidentally" on purpose flased CW recovery onto? Factory reset or is it SBF time?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Factory reset may get rid of it temporarily but for permanence I think I have a list of scripts to run and/or files to delete. I'll dig it up and pm you... although I thought I got it from someone who got it from you :p

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Should I just tell them to SBF it? I soooo want to. :D

Thanks, spazz!

And I now return you from your irregularly-scheduled threadjack.

You should tell them to sbf it and then right at the last second go "o wait nevermind"

Jk wed never do that

tappin and a talkin