Rooted droid X, wireless tether HELP!!!

techi911

Reaction score
Ok so I have droid x with GB 4.5.602.

I have rooted successfully, and installed wireless tether. I conneced my ipad to droid and proceeded as usual to the internet. but instead of getting google I get the Verizon wireless hot spot sign up! When I check the settings shows mobile hot spot off . I get the green wireless tether at the top of my droid and the yellow shield showing me connected and the mobile hot spot comes up too even though the settings show it off, still get that verizon sign up page and cannot surf the net. PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you

OP
techi911

techi911

Reaction score
Ok stupid Verizon has tiered block but found android tether v3 beta works great. Woot. never let your it person at work get their hands on your rooted phone. They update...arg.

leftspin

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me, but I see you already found the same solution I did

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
How did you get it to work? I downloaded it and all I can get to is the VZW sign up page...

leftspin

Reaction score
Reboot your phone and it should work

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tried that, seems that if you are running GB it is hard coded into the OS to block tethering with 3rd party apps and just reroutes you to VZW's page. Fail.

OP
techi911

techi911

Reaction score
Make sure downloading the correct one. Uninstall what you have now and go to link below and download to phone and install.

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

Oops before you do that did you switch settings?

Open wireless tether go settings choose first heading device profile. If your using DROID x then select it from the list, save a restart tether.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums