Droid x 2.3.3 z4 root wireless teather

zuckerj

Reaction score
Ah, got it. Go back to Froyo. Can you point me to the directions that can get me through it in 20 mins?

Thanks,

Jz.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
I don't have the sbf links handy. If you haven't used rsd lite before it might take a little bit longer than that. But it goes like this:
1. Sbf to froyo
2. Root froyo/install D2 Bootstrap
3. Boot into clockwork recovery
4. Flash the two part update from mydroidworld Link

And you're done.

cjriddle22

Reaction score

droidx2010

Reaction score
That will definitely blow if they do that to me. Not going to fork out an additional $20 for an internet connection I'm already paying for.

It's as arbitrary as my standard internet provider asking me to pay an additional $20 if I want to use Chrome and Firefox to browse the internet.

Or

Asking me to pay $20 extra dollars if I want to access my router from both upstairs and downstairs.

Or more precisely,

Asking me to pay an additional $20 if I want to have a router in my home. It's my router, and I pay for the internet connection. That's apparently good enough for the rest of the networking world.

But not Verizon. They want to thieve as much as they can. So by saying, it's my phone, I pay for the internet connection, all I get in this situation is Verizon tampering with my phone, and being a victim of the behemoth that is Verizon.

I really hope someone figures out wireless tether on GB soon.

Jz.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums
I'm with you, bro. that's the only reason gb was forced on everyone - g r e e d. we already pay big bucks for the internet.
if anyone can get a good root to tether, let me know. Z4 root was great, a bit slow on tether but a cool tool.
Time to kick some cyberbutt on GB. Any good hackers out there?

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Flash the rooted gb from tbh... Easy.
Or flash CM7... Like I did.. Even easier. Tether works flawless. Just got my latest bill.. 32gigs of data. No extra charge. Man up and root

Sent From My Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated Droid X

droidx2010

Reaction score
Or flash CM7... Like I did.. Even easier. Tether works flawless. Just got my latest bill.. 32gigs of data. No extra charge. Man up and root

can u send me the link to do this?

Snow02

Reaction score

Get ready to get dropped. Smh.

Blacksantron

Reaction score

Get ready to get dropped. Smh.

What is smh? Name of the hospital here... Sarasota memorial hospital..

Anyways
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod-x/

Just googled smh... Is there another definition of unlimited data?
I netflix every night to go to sleep. Don't tell me they advertise this capability and I'm not allowed to use it.

Snow02

Reaction score
Shaking my head.

The issue is the high improbability of using 32 GB without tethering. That will likely trigger an account inquiry, and eventually, termination. Maybe not tomorrow, or even next month, but if you're truly using that much data, it will happen.

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Even if I pay for hot spot? Isn't data data? What the heck

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep. Verizon sucks in that department...

sent from my ApeX

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Seems like false advertisement to me. Me angry.hulk smash

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Trust me... I bought my phone thinking I wouldn't have to worry about data usage... I was pissed too

sent from my ApeX

codustyle

Reaction score
they arent gonna drop you if your paying of the hotspot. plus tiered data is bout to kick in.... the vzw suits will start to chill out. now if you were using 32 gigs w/o the hotspot.... thatd be an different issue.

as for the original purpose of this thread.... it was said best - "man up and root"

everything you need to get wireless tether on GB is in this forum. actually there like fifteen different ways of doing it. plus they still got those wired tethering apps for yous that scared of rooting. just gotta do your research boyz.

is that true about them forcing GB on your phones??? thats nutz.... and prolly illegal since ussc ruled that we own our devices and ruled jailbreaking/rooting legal. unless they got some wierdo clause in our toa's ... which there always is. but of course you wouldnt be getting those stupid otas if u had rooted and just deleted one thing, like that blockbuster you know u want to. its funny to think that by deleting bloatware prevents you from OTAs like it was a punishment or something.

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Dictionary.com definition of 'unlimited':

1. not limited; unrestricted; unconfined
2. boundless; infinite; vast
3. without any qualification or exception; unconditional

VZW definition:

1. as much as you can transfer up until the point we decide to charge you more.