Rooted but still bloat ware? Can't remove?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I rooted and forever rooted my bionic but now I can't uninstall bloat ware like blockbuster? I confirmed its rooted via the system bin mount file the chmod is in the last 3 lines

Husker_fan_

Reaction score
You have to use something like titanium backup to freeze the apps or you can also use something like root explorer and change the file extension from .apk to something else like .bak. Most don't recommend completely removing them in case you ever want to take your phone back to stock. You can always flash a custom rom that will remove the bloat too. This is the most fun option.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tbell6

Reaction score
App Manager lets you manage your apps. Check it out.

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
App manager doesn't allow you to uninstall bloatware after being rooted.

tbell6

Reaction score

Maybe when I upgraded to Pro version I picked up additional utility? I just backed up 4 Verizon apk's then deleted them. There was a cautionary message but I was able to multi select and unistall them. It does allow uninstall of bloatware after being rooted.

tbell6

Reaction score

I just verified the App ManagerPro version allows restoring backed up apk's that I made prior to uninstalling the bloatware. Pro version is $2.99. I bought it to support JRummy16's programing. Pro version allows seamless restoration.

Guess with free version you just instsll them from a b/ou location.