root problems

kcooldude

Reaction score
Hello, I have the DNA. If I root it, will anything happen like otc updates stop coming or something like that. I don't have much root knowledge of modern phones. Basically what are the problems of rooting on DNA

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Not true. You always run the risk of bricking the phone making it unuseable. If the ROM you download gets corrupted it could cause a bootloop, not terminal but annoying nonetheless. You will void your warranty. If you don't use a custom ROM you shouldn't lose the OTA updates. If you root, don't delete the "bloatware" apps, just disable or freeze them. Usually if you follow the directions closely you can root your phone with little to no problems. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

_KevC90

Reaction score
Not true. You always run the risk of bricking the phone making it unuseable. If the ROM you download gets corrupted it could cause a bootloop, not terminal but annoying nonetheless. You will void your warranty. If you don't use a custom ROM you shouldn't lose the OTA updates. If you root, don't delete the "bloatware" apps, just disable or freeze them. Usually if you follow the directions closely you can root your phone with little to no problems. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

Yeah, mybad, I forgot to mention that but yeah you do run the risk of bricking your phone if you do not follow directions correctly.

Jcase method is pretty tough but they've made a new easy method but even for me its still hard. Ive done everything by the book and it does not install properly onto my DNA. Quiet annoying really...

OP
K

kcooldude

Reaction score
Alright that's good to hear. I probably won't get a custom Rom, for some reason the stock Rom seems okay to me. So I'm probably just going to root. Thank you for your replies.