Help with ROOT on my Droid DNA 2.06

jloya

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Ive had a long time absence from posting on this site. Primarily because I had a work issued iphone so my droid X ceased to be used. Well im back to the droidlife and ive picked myself up a DNA. Its currently on 2.06.

Unfortunately the phone is giving me alot of trouble. Apps are ceasing to work even after data/cache wipes, uninstalling etc. The camera says failed to load quite a bit. And it is randomly turning off and wont allow me to turn it back on unless plugging it into some kind of power source.

Because of this I would like to root it and load a possibly the Viper ROM onto it. Also having a rooted device before and going to a non rooted device kinda blows :p

However ive had alot of issues when trying to root. Ive tried moonshine but everytime it says its installing the temp root it comes back as failed. I have all the drivers installed, sync removed, and no android programs running. I also tried an alternate root where you download this supercid hack app and it runs it for you. However that fails to.

Would some one be kind enough to help me trouble shoot or walk me through an alternate root method. I would really like to get this beautiful phone up to par.

Thanks!

dwg

Reaction score
You can try to run the RUU_DLX_WL_JB_45_VERIZON_WWE_1.15.605.4_Radio_1.00.00.1023_3_NV_VZW_1.98_002_release_290923_signed.exe (not sure where I got it from) and return to earlier version and then use facepalm. It worked for me.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
got moonshine to work on the 2.06 :)

mccoyd

Reaction score
Jloya,
Can you tell me exactly who's guide, or what directions specifically you followed to get it to work? I'm afraid to try anything due to the posts where people get 'stuck' or locked in a loop. is the you tube video that FlamingoAiro put out look about right for following his steps in getting root. THANK YOU for your help! I've rooted my last 2 androids, and found pretty basic instructions that worked, the DNA seems to be a challenge.

mccoyd

Reaction score
You can try to run the RUU_DLX_WL_JB_45_VERIZON_WWE_1.15.605.4_Radio_1.00.00.1023_3_NV_VZW_1.98_002_release_290923_signed.exe (not sure where I got it from) and return to earlier version and then use facepalm. It worked for me.

What exactly is this? a one step root method... Hate to download it without knowing what I am getting into. But thank you for posting this.